PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club extended ball joint

lordofthesiths
04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
I just bought these off a web site and it said they would fit the 02-05 civic.
there is 2 labels on the box that reads
Part # BDC-EP1EBJ-H001
HONDA DC5 (02+ TYPE-R, 05+ TYPE-S)

SECOND LABEL
Part # BC02-BJP1-H001
dc5 type-s 2005-2006

If im not mistaken the bolts on these are bigger than ours.
I would like to get the DC5R aluminum LCA's but can't right now so i'm thinking i can just drill out my LCA's and this will work.
Has anyone done this?

27rocks
04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
I just bought these off a web site and it said they would fit the 02-05 civic.
there is 2 labels on the box that reads
Part # BDC-EP1EBJ-H001
HONDA DC5 (02+ TYPE-R, 05+ TYPE-S)

SECOND LABEL
Part # BC02-BJP1-H001
dc5 type-s 2005-2006

If im not mistaken the bolts on these are bigger than ours.
I would like to get the DC5R aluminum LCA's but can't right now so i'm thinking i can just drill out my LCA's and this will work.
Has anyone done this?

Yeah those sound like the 05-06 DC5 ones.. I personally wouldn't risk drilling the holes bigger not to mention i don't even think there will be a safe amount of material left even if you do. Your best bet is just to find some really cheap 05-06 Type-s LCA's and put them in those.

qnzjay69
04-28-2011, 09:11 AM
I have these ball joints and they fit perfectly fine with no problems

talonXracer
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM
The later typeS and all DC5 typeR's have a larger ball joint than the EP3. They have the same taper so it will fit into the LCA, BUT the fit will cause issues with allowing water and debris in under the rubber seal boot, and only approx half of the taper actually makes contact. Sure it will work, but it is rather unsafe.

lordofthesiths
04-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Ok so what issues am I gonna run into if I get the dc5r lower control arms?

usedep3
04-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok so what issues am I gonna run into if I get the dc5r lower control arms?

if you plan on running a front sway, you will need an ITR spec front sway bar

talonXracer
04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I had ordered up a set of DC5R LCA's and was all excited and then realized I needed the swaybar, LOL, it didnt take long to find a DC5R sway and the project was only delayed a few days, LOL

I used typeS front endlinks.

lordofthesiths
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Man this is becoming a PITA...
am i gonna have problems with any type of headers with that sway bar and is their a difference between the LHD and RHD sway bar?

27rocks
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
What if he just uses the USDM 05-06 LCA??? Will he need a different sway bar also? Not to mention i think you will also need the 05-06 knuckles to press these in ????

Hasbro
04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Sell them on ClubRSX and buy the correct ones.

lordofthesiths
04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
ok so this is what i'm thinking of going with. if their are any issues with this set up please let me know.
anything not mentioned is 02 ep3 specific

Buddy club RSD coilovers "02 ep3"
buddy club extended ball joint "05+ Type-s"
DC5R aluminum lower control arms
DC5R sway bar. No answer on the LHD or RHD diference
hotchkis endlinks
energy suspension bushing front and rear
buddy club Rear camber kit

i think thats every thing

USAF EP3
04-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Does he need specifically DC5R front sway or can he use any year (02-06) Type S front sway. He wouldn't need the endlinks cause I have the same Hotchkis endlinks and they're adjustable.

I don't meant to thread jack, but it is relevant to the thread:

I have 02 Type S front knuckles/spindles, if I were to buy the extended ball joints he bought would I run into the same fitment issue or will it fit directly if I use the 02 Type S knuckles/spindles with DC5R front LCA's?

Also if he plans to auto-x or roadrace why we he need to run the front sway? Depending on his suspension setup, it will stiffen up the front too much and cause more understeer.

lordofthesiths
04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
from what i'm understanding all the knuckles accept the same size ball joint, the fitment issue comes in with the LCA. so if you want the DC5R LCA's you need the same ball joint i have. "02+ type-R 05+ type-S"

I would like to do some auto-x but it's not a priority. I don't know too much about fixing our under-steer problem but i do have a 6 speed tranny with an LSD fro an 07 civic. I read somewhere that this helps a lot.

usedep3
04-28-2011, 03:52 PM
DC5R front sway is no different between the LHD and RHD models.

USAF EP3
04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
from what i'm understanding all the knuckles accept the same size ball joint, the fitment issue comes in with the LCA. so if you want the DC5R LCA's you need the same ball joint i have. "02+ type-R 05+ type-S"

I would like to do some auto-x but it's not a priority. I don't know too much about fixing our under-steer problem but i do have a 6 speed tranny with an LSD fro an 07 civic. I read somewhere that this helps a lot.

Well if you don't want the ball joints, you could sell them to me lol.

I auto-x regularly and with the EP if you stiffen the front too much (I learned this the hard way), you'll plow through chicanes and tight turns. I installed the progress front sway (27mm) and I understeered so bad compared to the stock front sway. my suspension setup at the time was H&R springs with tokico struts. I have found not running the front sway and relying on a slightly stiffer strut/spring combo and/or coilovers handles a lot better.

What you want to do is stiffen the rear to the point that you can get it to turn with lift off throttle as you're entering a turn.

lordofthesiths
04-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok good to know.
So far on the rear i have
D3 rear V-brace
progress rear sway bar 22mm
hotchkis endlinks
corsport C-pillar bar.

on the front i have
dc sports Titanium strut brace
hotchkis endlinks

usedep3
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Ok good to know.
So far on the rear i have
D3 rear V-brace
progress rear sway bar 22mm
hotchkis endlinks
corsport C-pillar bar.

on the front i have
dc sports Titanium strut brace
hotchkis endlinks

do you have the d3 front xx brace as well?

you should get the mugen rep mid bar for the rear.

lordofthesiths
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
nope only have the rear d3 brace.
I've been wanting an autentic mugen bar but hasn't been a priority and have seen a reasonable price.
I also want rear strut bar but i haven't been able to find one to match my front. DC sorts said they maid a titanium rear strut brace but i've never seen one for sale :-(

lordofthesiths
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Ok now i'm confused. on corsports website the list the part # Bc02-BJP1-H001 as being for the 02-05 civic si. Thats the one i have but it says it for the 05+ rsx type-s.
i sent them an email hopefully i'll get this straightened out

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=6016

27rocks
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah their part #'s are all screwed up!! The 05-06 ball joints will not fit in any Ep knuckle or LCA or 02-04 RSX-s either. Those only work for the 05-06 RSX-s or 05-06 DC5 R. The CTR 02-05 is the same as our cars as well so it wouldn't work with that either.