PDA

View Full Version : Rotm?

superchargedk20
04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
How come we dont have ROTM? Almost every forum Im a member has one except this one:mcry: I feel lately ephatch has become alot more popular than in past years and we have alot more tons of active members then in the past. I would love to see us bring back ROTM. Theres so many members rides popping up too and I beleive alot of people would vote on it.. Not looking for any prizes or anything, just maybe posted on the front home page for a month? What do u guys think?

usedep3
04-27-2011, 05:09 PM
+1

we should have themed ROTM's

PAPITUYO326
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
ROTM would be nice. Ephatch's peak was definitely around 05-06 though.

jeenyusss
04-27-2011, 05:26 PM
its not close to what it was when I joined which was 07. I think people slowly selling and the couple of crashes changed things. I still come here though :)

oh and yeah im in for ROTM!

superchargedk20
04-27-2011, 05:49 PM
its not close to what it was when I joined which was 07. I think people slowly selling and the couple of crashes changed things. I still come here though :)

oh and yeah im in for ROTM!

I agree with you. But as of late maybe that last 5 months or so it seems like this site is increasing again and might be back to how it was like before the crash. People are selling there ep3's yes, but someone else is just gona buy it. As the car becomes cheaper more people will be buying. I know as of late ive seen a few threads called "thinking of buyin an ep need opinions" or "just picked up my ep and ready to start modding". Heck look at jooostin hes back and badder than ever after dumping the Fa5

Jukka
04-27-2011, 06:29 PM
in for ROTM....ive always wondered why we never had one

Kentoneseboi
04-27-2011, 07:25 PM
+1 for ROTM as long as it doesnt turn into a popuarity contest

RHCP0801
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
im in for this

Sucka
04-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I miss how we use to have ROTM way back in 2005.

How about we do a VOTE RIGHT NOW to weather we bring back ROTM or NOT!

T_Virus
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
+1 for ROTM as long as it doesnt turn into a popuarity contest

or whoever is banked.

RedSiBaron
04-27-2011, 08:08 PM
The moderators would have to discuss it...I wasn't a mod when we had it, but from my understanding it created a massive amount of drama and trouble when we did it.

Ill let a mod that was doing the job back then chime in...who knows maybe well do it again, maybe we wont, but it needs to be evaluated before implementation.

PAPITUYO326
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Im going to guess all the drama was caused by the prizes. Keep the prizes small (decals, a shirt, calendar spot, etc) if at all and you won't have any issues.

usedep3
04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
i thought it was shut down 2-3 crashes ago bc of lack of interest. both on the member/contestant's end and the sponsor's end. i remember ROTM winners getting a prize from our vendors. i would be down with a 'bragging rights only' kind of contest.

usedep3
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Im going to guess all the drama was caused by the prizes. Keep the prizes small (decals, a shirt, calendar spot, etc) if at all and you won't have any issues.

damn beat me to it

RedSiBaron
04-27-2011, 08:40 PM
i thought it was shut down 2-3 crashes ago bc of lack of interest. both on the member/contestant's end and the sponsor's end. i remember ROTM winners getting a prize from our vendors. i would be down with a 'bragging rights only' kind of contest.

It was shut down before the first crash and we tried bringing it back iirc and no on bothered, and we've only had 2 crashes fyi...

superchargedk20
04-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Wat we should do is. U can't post. All u can say is that u voted to bump the thread. Any comments should be deleted by modz. If someone has a comment or question they can take it to pm

Andrew
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Wat we should do is. U can't post. All u can say is that u voted to bump the thread. Any comments should be deleted by modz. If someone has a comment or question they can take it to pm

+1 on this im down for ROTM because it really looks like a lot of peeps are coming up in the ep3 scene and maybe we shouldnt include prizes, but only bragging rights for being the "sickest" ride for that month.

j0000stin
04-28-2011, 12:13 AM
thanks for mentioning me superchargedk20 haha

but im +1 for a rotm feature. i was thinking about this as i was on 8thgen last night.

honestly fuck the prizes i just want to win one to have a different colored username than everyone else haha

charles
04-28-2011, 12:46 AM
im in for bringing it back

weltall
04-28-2011, 02:54 AM
back when i was a mod i brought it back under my guidance and supervision.
the first few months it was great and had alot of traffic into the thread however, after the "honeymoon" period was over i never got another PM about entries into the ride of the month maybe one or two here and there and that IMO was not enough to sustain ROTM
this has been the down fall of ROTM each time it was brought back and the time i ran it my method was the final try to keep it off the ground and running but when you gather no more interest it becomes dead in the water

even with myself using the powers i had as a Mod (announcements, stickies, sig adds and everything short of pming each person on ephatch reminders) there was really no way to generate interest

part of this problem was that there wasnt enough recognition IMO like your car on the front page of ephatch (there was no front page at the time)
another problem was people were only interested in winning a prize like a small car mod or whatever but the site could no longer gather the resources to give away prizes this is mainly because in the past vendors would donate a small item or online credit to the winner but in the shitty economic situation we live in that in itself coould no longer be economically feasible
this left the burden of prizes on the owners of the site which could not be sustained either
with premium subs at an all time low and that being one of the main sources of income to keep the site running the owners of the site couldnt afford to give things away

and in reality the main problem was that it seems now these days people are no longer wanting to pay for a sub just to contribute to the community like it was before when it was a badge of pride. people now just want too much in return now (i dunno why this is but in 2004-06 this site had a huge feeling of a duty to the ep community) that just started to become nonexistent when i sold my car (well the year b4)

i typically dont get on here anymore yet alone post but the ROTM debacles was something that i tried to turn around but ended up doing nothing more than leaving a bad taste in my mouth by showing me the truth of how the member base had changed

but the way i ran it was i had a section with a layout sticky (a guideline so to speak)
members would follow the guideline and layout and PM the post to me
on the 15th of each month i would then post the ROTM thread with a vote and the first 5 posts would be myself posting the members layouts in a quote format
the thread would be closed but open to voting
on the last day of the month i would then make the thread of the person who won using the post PM'd to me by that winner and that thread would be stickied and open for comments

but like i said it died off after about 3 months and the reasons IMO are explained above

(not to mention around the same time the people asking and demanding it had won which yeah did kinda rub me the wrong way)

but yeah it was rock solid no posting meant no drama hell if i wanted to i could have made the runners unknown to the voters but on a car forum thats kinda hard to get around

heyvortek
04-28-2011, 04:03 AM
should do ROTM but do it every 2 months. then at the end of the year have like a braket style voting for Ride of the year.

POOPTOOTH
04-28-2011, 05:50 AM
back when i was a mod i brought it back under my guidance and supervision.
the first few months it was great and had alot of traffic into the thread however, after the "honeymoon" period was over i never got another PM about entries into the ride of the month maybe one or two here and there and that IMO was not enough to sustain ROTM
this has been the down fall of ROTM each time it was brought back and the time i ran it my method was the final try to keep it off the ground and running but when you gather no more interest it becomes dead in the water

even with myself using the powers i had as a Mod (announcements, stickies, sig adds and everything short of pming each person on ephatch reminders) there was really no way to generate interest

part of this problem was that there wasnt enough recognition IMO like your car on the front page of ephatch (there was no front page at the time)
another problem was people were only interested in winning a prize like a small car mod or whatever but the site could no longer gather the resources to give away prizes this is mainly because in the past vendors would donate a small item or online credit to the winner but in the shitty economic situation we live in that in itself coould no longer be economically feasible
this left the burden of prizes on the owners of the site which could not be sustained either
with premium subs at an all time low and that being one of the main sources of income to keep the site running the owners of the site couldnt afford to give things away

and in reality the main problem was that it seems now these days people are no longer wanting to pay for a sub just to contribute to the community like it was before when it was a badge of pride. people now just want too much in return now (i dunno why this is but in 2004-06 this site had a huge feeling of a duty to the ep community) that just started to become nonexistent when i sold my car (well the year b4)

i typically dont get on here anymore yet alone post but the ROTM debacles was something that i tried to turn around but ended up doing nothing more than leaving a bad taste in my mouth by showing me the truth of how the member base had changed

but the way i ran it was i had a section with a layout sticky (a guideline so to speak)
members would follow the guideline and layout and PM the post to me
on the 15th of each month i would then post the ROTM thread with a vote and the first 5 posts would be myself posting the members layouts in a quote format
the thread would be closed but open to voting
on the last day of the month i would then make the thread of the person who won using the post PM'd to me by that winner and that thread would be stickied and open for comments

but like i said it died off after about 3 months and the reasons IMO are explained above

(not to mention around the same time the people asking and demanding it had won which yeah did kinda rub me the wrong way)

but yeah it was rock solid no posting meant no drama hell if i wanted to i could have made the runners unknown to the voters but on a car forum thats kinda hard to get around

Holy Shit, didn't know you still browsed around here?!

jeenyusss
04-28-2011, 08:25 AM
:yeahthat::ohsnap::jaw::hug::jono:

RedSiBaron
04-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Holy shit!! ^^^^ dude (weltall) thanks for chiming in man, I really appreciate it!!

j0000stin
04-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Holy shit!! ^^^^ dude (weltall) thanks for chiming in man, I really appreciate it!!

word! fuck that avatar haha i used to watch it all the time back in the day haha

but if you were to do a rotm, i dont think a prize is necessary. i think you should just change the color of their username to any color they want. you dont have to pay and they get what they want haha

i used to see rotm features as a motivator to mod my car....

weltall
04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
oh yeah we did that too, we changed it to weltall pink (hot pink) but even that wasnt enough i guess

but yeah i pop in from time to time just to see whats new (or not) and see if correct info is being hashed out

Stubby
04-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I do believe I won the first installment of weltall's ride of the month and the thing I was most excited about was the PINK name plate. I LOVE IT..... Man, weltall. I miss seeing you around even though I am not on here much either. What are you driving now days. You get that 370 you were drooling over.

fEPst3r
04-30-2011, 06:38 AM
im down to bring this back! lets do it

j0000stin
04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I do believe I won the first installment of weltall's ride of the month and the thing I was most excited about was the PINK name plate. I LOVE IT..... Man, weltall. I miss seeing you around even though I am not on here much either. What are you driving now days. You get that 370 you were drooling over.

See! I want a pink name plate too haha

weltall
05-01-2011, 04:18 AM
i am waiting for the 2012 model after a deployment mainly to pay it all upfront

j0000stin
05-01-2011, 09:50 AM
i am waiting for the 2012 model after a deployment mainly to pay it all upfront

ahhhh 370z's are so sexy. but i could never justify getting the stupid paddle shifters and the auto rev matching is wack. 6 speed is the way to go!