PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help, Hawk HPS fitment question

Dorachagi
04-28-2011, 09:20 AM
So dropped off my car to get new tires mountes and a set of front Hawk HPS pads put on that I ordered awhile ago. Shop calls and says that the pads don't fit so I ask them to see if they have any in stock for my car that do. Get a call back that the pads that their system is telling them to use are the same part number and size as the Hawk HPS pads I brought in and so are also too big and won't fit, and the clerk has no idea why that is. So now my car is sitting in the shop, wheels off, tires mounted, rotors turned, and the only pads they have been able to find that will fit are some brand called import direct that I've never heard of and cost $106 for a set of front pads. What should I do? I can have them put the original pads back on and pay some labor costs for nothing, but then why won't the HPS pads fit if they seem to be the right part number? I know plenty of you have HPS, anyone else have this issue? Or would you guys go for the $106 off-brand pads? If possible give me some advice quick, kinda want my car back....

T_Virus
04-28-2011, 12:12 PM
I wonder if you got the non civic version or are they all the same? Is there a difference in 02-03 and 04-05? I'm selling a set of front and rears too that I never did put on.

Dorachagi
04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Ok, went up to the shop and took a look and they definitely don't fit, they are less wide and slightly longer than the stock ones which slide right in. The ones their computer pulled up (this was at Gateway) were the same part number and size as the HPS I brought in. This is the first time I've changed out the front pads, but the rears were changed to HPS pads at least 8 months ago with no fitment problems at all, at the time the fronts just didnt need replacing. Those pads and the front (incorrect) ones were all bought at the same time from somewhere on the internet, not sure exactly where now. The ones they were referring to as Import Direct are just nissin pads that fit perfectly, so even though I overpaid I just put those on, at least it is a brand I know and I'm really not making it to any autox right now anyways. I believe the HPS front pads I have are probably either for a non-si civic of my generation or a 99-00 civic si, gonna just put em up for sale with the part number.
In any case, new front pads for the first time in my ownership of the car and a brand new set of yokohamas do feel rather nice.

T_Virus
04-28-2011, 09:16 PM
take a look at my signature link to see if your Hawk HPS brake pads looks like mine.

Twisted-X
04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
The 4 lug and 5 lug brakes use different sized pads. Maybe they sent you the 4 lug pads?
The 5 lug part number: HB418F.646
The 4 lug part number: HB275F.620

Dorachagi
04-30-2011, 10:34 AM
The 4 lug and 5 lug brakes use different sized pads. Maybe they sent you the 4 lug pads?
The 5 lug part number: HB418F.646
The 4 lug part number: HB275F.620

BINGO!!! Thanks sir, that explained it, I have an '05 Si with 5-lugs and the part # on these is The 4 lug part number: HB275F.620. Now I can list them for sale accurately, thanks!

Twisted-X
04-30-2011, 05:14 PM
NP! :thumbu: