PDA

View Full Version : SRS light on

ep3hatch03
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
if anyone knows a way to turn off an SRS light instrctions would be a big help i had to unplug the sensor under my seat when i sold my system its just been bugging me and i dont feel like paying to go to honda to shut it off , if you reply thanks much appreciated

hkrayingboyz
04-28-2011, 01:50 PM
if anyone knows a way to turn off an SRS light instrctions would be a big help i had to unplug the sensor under my seat when i sold my system its just been bugging me and i dont feel like paying to go to honda to shut it off , if you reply thanks much appreciated

O.K., here is the DIY for resetting the memory for your SRS Light. Your SRS Light may trigger and remain illuminated for several reasons. Some of which are:
Unplugging your gauge cluster
Unplugging your SRS harness(es) when you remove your seats
Unplugging any other SRS plugs and turning your ignition on

This DIY is intended ONLY for resetting your SRS Indicator Light when it is triggered for the reasons listed above. Your SRS Light may indicate a more serious problem that should be evaluated by your local Authorized Honda/Acura Technician. Remember, that airbag may save your life or the life of someone you care about so don't disregard that indicator light unless you are sure that it triggered for some other reason. That being said, here are some pics and instructions for resetting the SRS Light (note: These pics are from a 6th Gen Accord EX Coupe 4AT. The MES plug may be located in a different location on other models. Make sure you know what you are unplugging. There are no contacts inside the port that the MES Plug plugs into.)

Tools needed:
Flashlight (if needed to search for MES Plug under dash)
2 1/2 ft. piece of small gauge speaker wire (insulation stripped off ends)

(1) Locate MES Plug. It should be located near the driver's side fuse panel under the dash. The harness is yellow with two wires.

(2) Unplug the MES Plug. It should look like this.

(3) Insert one end of speaker wire into MES Plug (one wire in each contact)

(4) Follow this sequence of shorting the other two leads of the speaker wire and turning the ignition to "on" (not accessory, not start)

-Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.
-Short and hold the wires again. The SRS Light will go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.
-Turn the ignition off.
-Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.
(4a) This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

(5) Sound easy enough? Should take 15 seconds or so for the whole procedure. Good luck.

Stole this one from superhonda.

here is the link and is at post 5
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f13/how-reset-srs-light-59738/

Passenger
04-28-2011, 01:55 PM
^ this.
Its incredibly easy. If it does come back on after you've reset it the right way, then theres a problem with your system

hkrayingboyz
04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
^ this.
Its incredibly easy. If it does come back on after you've reset it the right way, then theres a problem with your system

Mine come back on after I move my driver seat, what could cause this problem for me?

ep3hatch03
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Didnt think i was going to get a reply this quick thanks guys i will try this and let you know if i have any problems thanks again

usedep3
04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
here's another DIY: link (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=308198)

this should help

ep3hatch03
04-29-2011, 06:01 AM
here's another DIY: link (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=308198)

this should help
wow alot easier thanks ill try this forsure

usedep3
04-29-2011, 06:19 AM
wow alot easier thanks ill try this forsure

no problem.

Passenger
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Mine come back on after I move my driver seat, what could cause this problem for me?

It came back on because you unplugged that yellow sensor under your seat without disconnecting the battery. It's not anything to worry about, your safety system *I believe* should still work even with the light on, just do the DIY usedep3 posted and you'll be fine.
Next time, if you don't want to keep having to reset the system then disconnect the battery any time you take your front seats out.

ep-unit
11-18-2011, 09:56 PM
finally found this thread.....need to do mine asap

krod
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Removed and replaced steering wheel will the rest of the airbags work with the srs light on ?

hkrayingboyz
12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Im about to just bypass the SRS light cuz mine is always on because of the stupid wiring on my chair that loose. I will just bypass it since there a thread show how to bypass. Good luck to everyone who want to reset or bypass SRS.

ep-unit
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
just tried my and its still on...

ohdamngetit
12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
just tried my and its still on...

My friend, who works for Honda, told me that our seat belt buckles are warrantied for life. Get it checked out and if it is the case, it's fixed for free.

My passenger seat belt buckle was replaced this past summer at no charge.

Lilhatch
02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
My srs lights been on since i bought the car and i tried resetting it but it wont reset. Anyone know what it could be? I havent checked to see if any of the seat wires are disconnected but i will. Does anyone know where all the wires are that will set off the light? Cuz im gna try and visually inspect all the connections and wires. Or if there is a way to tell why the light is on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

civicsidrvr
07-19-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/files/campaign_and_recall_bulletins/A06-009.pdf

A recall on the OPDS for UK based models??? Check it out!

Her-Name's-Ally
07-19-2012, 06:17 AM
same exact thing happened to me when I tried replacing my steering wheel and it bothers me. there is a video on youtube about it but it was alright but it was done on a DC5. im sure its exactly the same though.

los
07-19-2012, 08:37 AM
good stuff imma try this on my break dont mean to thread jack ive posted but got no replies does anyone know something bout removing the BRAKE light mine stays on but its no engaged

ellman605
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah, mine's on too. Did the reset - came back on after I got home and unlatched my seat belt, seat belt light didn't come on, but the srs light did. Something under the seatbelt. It's under warranty if I recall.

kep3si
12-17-2013, 11:01 PM
My srs light came on after I exchanged my steering wheel with a better looking one but I kept the same airbag. I didn't disconnect the battery when the yellow airbag plug/sensor was disconnected to remove steering wheel. I tried to restart the light but was unsuccessful. Is there another way to try and get rid of it?

2005rollingegg
04-04-2014, 01:40 PM
My friend, who works for Honda, told me that our seat belt buckles are warrantied for life. Get it checked out and if it is the case, it's fixed for free.

My passenger seat belt buckle was replaced this past summer at no charge.

Just confirmed with the dealership and there is a lifetime warranty for the buckles.

drjd888
04-05-2014, 03:08 PM
I've had my SRS light on for a while but didn't have time to resolve it. I finally got to it this week. I found a helpful guide to read the SRS code: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=636707

I recorded the light sequence so I could easily review it and have proof for the dealership in case an issues arose. Mine ended up being code 9-3 which is indicates a problem with the driver's side seat belt buckle. AFAIK, Honda North America provides lifetime warranties for seat belts and buckles for years 2007 and before. I took my EP3 to the Honda dealership and told them there's a problem with the seat belt buckle. They offered to repair it free if that truly was the case and there was no other issue that was tripping the SRS light. If there was another SRS issue that wasn't covered by warranty then I would have to pay the diagnostic fee ($95) even if I don't have them fix anything. My CEL is always on because I need to replace my cat and I made sure that wasn't going to cause me to pay any diagnostic fee. They reassured me it was a different system and they were not going to even look at that issue if I didn't want them to. They performed the diagnostic and the mechanic came to the same conclusion: code 9-3 and needs a new driver's side seat belt buckle. Part wasn't on hand but was ordered. Two days later I went back to the dealership and it was fixed in about 1.5 hours and I didn't pay a dime. SRS light hasn't come back on and I feel safer knowing my airbags will deploy in the event of an accident.

TL;DR: SRS light was on even after reset. Driver's side seat belt buckle was replaced under Honda North America lifetime warranty at the dealership.