PDA

View Full Version : When to replace the waterpump?

02TWSI
04-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Well, car has 108k and still kicking strong. Had a valve adjustment, replaced ac, and replaced both axles at 100k. Now i'm looking for other maintenance stuff to do.

When should I be replacing the waterpump?

Since i'm replacing the stock clutch here soon with a stage something and a light flywheel should I just go ahead and get an EM2 EX CMC?

Also replacing my rad. reservoir tank so which fluids should I grab?

What are the intervals on plugs, transmission fluid, and anything else I may need to do as preventative maintenance?

fEPst3r
04-29-2011, 03:46 AM
you might as well get an a2 lol

talonXracer
04-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Replace the water pump if there is evidence of coolant at the weep hole. Do not go lighter than a 10lb flywheel, the best option is a typeR fly or ACT streetlite flywheel.

Use Honda fluids for the rad and trans.

USAF EP3
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Replace the water pump if there is evidence of coolant at the weep hole. Do not go lighter than a 10lb flywheel, the best option is a typeR fly or ACT streetlite flywheel.

Use Honda fluids for the rad and trans.

If I may ask, what is the weep hole exactly and where is it located?

talonXracer
04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
On the bottom side of the waterpump housing where the pulley/shaft enters, there is a hole, it is a weep hole, so if the seal/bushing is shot the coolant escapes there. And the seal/bushing is the only part that wears out.

Psykoasn
04-29-2011, 10:04 AM
i had to change my water pump a few months back, my car just hit 100,000 miles, my engine was making a wicked clunking type sound for a while, after my mechanic change it, the sound was gone

02TWSI
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
you might as well get an a2 lol

I know right!! Thanks for the tips