PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

sachboy
04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
im new to this thing... i have a question to anyone that would be nice enough to answer. im wanting to lower my ep, a friend of mine said i should just get lowering springs,i want coilovers. i dont have alot of cash,like $500. any suggestions on what i should do? are there any good decently built bargain coilovers out there? once again, any good advice would help.thanks

gamma6
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM
One word Raceland... get em while they r semi cheap... look em up fot details

hkrayingboyz
04-29-2011, 11:52 PM
One word Raceland... get em while they r semi cheap... look em up fot details

agree with him. Raceland is good for the price they have. You will feel the bump but for normal driving, you should be fine. Is like oem but adjustable high and that around 360$ include shipping. I think that the best you can do with 500$

USAF EP3
04-30-2011, 12:19 AM
If you're going to get Racelands, please for the love of EPHatch god, don't do anything else other than daily your car.

On top of that, search the forums, I know there was a DIY here to loctite something important on the struts because they will leak strut fluid or something.

It's important, search.

Also, if you're not in any dire rush to get your suspension fixed or lowered, wait a little bit, save up a few hundred dollars and get yourself a set of the Megan Racing Street series coilovers. They are great bang for your buck and they are not very aggressive on ride quality.

codyep3
04-30-2011, 08:12 AM
If you're going to get Racelands, please for the love of EPHatch god, don't do anything else other than daily your car.

this

27rocks
04-30-2011, 09:03 AM
I would never drive my car if it had Racelands. Be patient and save some more money for something better. I promise your eyes wont fall out when you look at your car at stock height.

ep3jd
04-30-2011, 09:32 AM
I would never drive my car if it had Racelands. Be patient and save some more money for something better. I promise your eyes wont fall out when you look at your car at stock height.

Lmao!!

G-MaC!
05-02-2011, 05:58 PM

+1
Jeez, I wish I had listened to posts like this.
LISTEN TO THIS GUY!

ginger
05-03-2011, 12:48 AM
i was in dier need of suspension as my megans had finally gone out, i got the racelands. there cheap. two days after i got them i drove from virginia to arizona then to cali. and im replacing them.

hkrayingboyz
05-03-2011, 01:07 AM

Totally agree with you. If you are autocross, dont go with raceland. Raceland is only for daily diving only