PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Install Question

TheBerrynator
04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Sorry for the stupid question, but I recently purchased a stereo for my car, and when assembling the wiring harness the wiring harness for the car has a blue wire (power antenna or amplifier remote), but the harness on the new stereo has a blue wire (Power antenna lead) and a blue/white wire (remote turn on lead). My question is, which wire would I connect the car's harness to?

There is a similer issue for the Illumination wire, The stereo just has one wire for the Illumination/ the car's harness has two, one for the Illumination and one for the dimmer, I assume with this one I would connect the two Illumination wires?????

Its my first stereo install on my first car, hence, I am a little hesitant to just plug and chug.
Also, the stereo is an Alpine CDE-103BT if that helps

Black04si
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
use the blue/white wire for powering on your amp if you have one if not don't worry about it we don't have power antennas anyways
and i like to use the dimmer wire so if i want to dim my dash lights it lowers the lights on the hu as well

TheBerrynator
04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Ok, thats what I was thinking, Thanks

talonXracer
04-30-2011, 04:19 PM
STOP<<<

Yes we do have a powered antenna!

If you do not hook up the power to the antenna amp wire you will recieve crap for reception on the radio.

TheBerrynator
04-30-2011, 06:07 PM
good to know, however, im not going to pull it back out.... starting at 5 was not the brightest idea I've had. Good thing I dont listen to the radio much.

eternal780
06-11-2011, 12:47 PM
i just bought a harness too and it doesn't come with a blue remote wire, there are 13 wires am i missing something.
2 green 2grey 2 white 2 purple 1 red 1 black 1 yellow and 2 orange. Im looking to hook up an amp but theres no blue wire. Did i just got jipped?

eternal780
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
i just bought a harness too and it doesn't come with a blue remote wire, there are 13 wires am i missing something.
2 green 2grey 2 white 2 purple 1 red 1 black 1 yellow and 2 orange. Im looking to hook up an amp but theres no blue wire. Did i just got jipped?

sorry i was being stupid please disregard found my answer