PDA

View Full Version : ephatch anybody on koni/groundcontrol suspension?

ep3egg
05-01-2011, 01:08 AM
If so can you tell us some feedback. Currently on d2 suspension and lookin 2 upgrade thanksss

tallblondkid
05-01-2011, 11:36 AM
its a great ride, but you cannot lower it from stock height. there is not enough travel in the shock and you will be bottoming out. i altered my konis so they sit lower in the oem housing, but still only like .75" lowered from stock height and it still occasionally bottoms out... good news is the koni has a great warranty and when they break from bottoming out they'll send you a new one...btw im on 440f/650r spring rates... comfortable ride for daily and sporty driving

PatrickJamesYu
05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I haven't had any problems bottoming out
and I'm pretty low right now

Anyways, the ride quality change from when I was on Skunk2 Progressive springs changed a whole lot.
even when I was super dumped on the Ground Controls.

vennivettivecci
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
damn i was going to post this question just now (: im about to buy some koni yellows w/ gc's in a couple of months the skunk2 pro s coilovers that came with my ep3 when i bought it are just not cutting it

Krispy187
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I have them and in the process of changing them because all 4 are blown. I had my koni's for about 1 yr and changing them out for Tokico blues and new springs so i might be selling my GC in the next 2 weeks. The ride is really stiff , but the good thing about the konis is that you can adjust them. I recommend this set up if you plan on Auto x your car. if this is your DD to work/school i would stick to something more comfy/near to stock but with a little better performance. First, it was a pain in the ass for the install because they are inserts so i had cut my stock struts. Every time i would go over a bump or hit a small ditch i would feel like something shot my car or hit my car with a rock. Good performance, but if i can go back i would never get them. just my 2cents.