PDA

View Full Version : How to remove front emblems and side stickers?

ep pilot
12-25-2002, 01:37 PM
I would like to remove all of the emblems and stickers on my car except the small "H" on the hatch. My question is do I have to remove the front bumper cover to access the grille emblem? what about the 1/4 panel decals "I-VTEC" and "dohc" best way to remove those? I plan on using gasoline and dental floss to remove the rear designation.

-Ryan

ep pilot
12-25-2002, 01:39 PM
Also If anyone has a picture of their Ep with the front (H) and (Si) removed or with just the (Si) on the grille, that would be great to, I am not entirely sure yet if I want to do this.

-Ryan

chet
12-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Hey, "Icegrill" changed his front emblem to a red one. Looks pretty good . You shoud mail him directly or something.

ssvr6
12-25-2002, 06:52 PM
You'll have a big blank spot when you remove the front "H". There's no "honey comb" pattern behind it.

Steve

IceD out N CALI
12-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
I would like to remove all of the emblems and stickers on my car except the small "H" on the hatch. My question is do I have to remove the front bumper cover to access the grille emblem? what about the 1/4 panel decals "I-VTEC" and "dohc" best way to remove those? I plan on using gasoline and dental floss to remove the rear designation.

-Ryan

Yes u pull the bumper cover back (dont have to take it off) then reach behind it with the 2 phillips screws and thats it. then u'll have the blank base underneath.

dental floss will work fine on the rear-its what i used:)

rice_eater GT
12-26-2002, 12:39 AM
hey "Pilot", that's a big no no on the gasoline. You might want to consider using a different product. There is a product on the market that's specifically for removing the sticky substance under emblems. I think they sell it all Home Depot or i think Pep Boys would even have it. Just make sure there's no flamable substances in there, if all else fails I've had good experience with brake fluid.

Gasp23
12-26-2002, 06:47 AM
I used goo gone on the car for removal of the dealer decal on my car and it worked great.

I thought the best way to remove the side decal was with a blow dryer? Oh well, good luck.

team ERA 5
12-29-2002, 01:53 AM
heres my debadged front

SpeedRacer
12-29-2002, 02:33 AM
nice grill

IceD out N CALI
12-29-2002, 02:53 AM
thats the stock grill right?

Spidey
12-29-2002, 03:54 AM
uhh...why does that 4 door sedan saturn have engine mods? :confused: :eek: :cool:

natesi
12-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
heres my debadged front

Can you please post more pics of the front?

Thanks!

Brettnyt
12-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Spidey
uhh...why does that 4 door sedan saturn have engine mods? :confused: :eek: :cool:

Spidey... I was thinkin the same thing..... :D

Brettnyt
12-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
thats the stock grill right?

Im not seein how thats the stock grill, dont ours have a protruding plastic piece for the emblem that is glued onto the mesh part? However it was done, it looks fabulous.... :p :D

irrational
12-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Yeah that grill does look tight! It could be the stock grill with the emblem and its backing assembly removed. If this what it is then they surely had to remove the bumper to do this.

Anyone have the real jdm type r H's for the front and rear? I got them for X-mas but the look like they may not fit right on.....can anybody advise. I dont wanna open them if they dont fit.

natesi
12-29-2002, 02:52 PM
why the hell do they make our cars so hard to work on? To get the front badges off you have to remove the front bumper??

And from what I understand to take out the rear lights you have to remove the rear bumber too. That's just LAME man! WHY can't they just make it simple?!?!?! WHY!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHY??!!!?!?!?!!

:p

STP03BlueSI
12-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Spidey

hey now i have a saturn with mods to it...i should have pics up later if u want to bash it like everyone else does:'(

k20ASi
12-29-2002, 03:11 PM
DO NOT YOUS BRAKE FLUID ON YOUR PAINT!!!!!!!!!!
it will eat away at the paint and the mettal.

gotoevolution
12-29-2002, 03:51 PM
I did what some guy wrote, I removed the 2 screws behind the "H" which is behind the grill and when I took it off all that was there was another base not just grill, I think that other member had to change his whole grill to get that look, let us know what you did

rocket_civic
12-29-2002, 06:52 PM
to remove any sticky subtance from the surface of your EP use Goof Off , thats what i recommend!

Trevor

BarracksSi
12-29-2002, 08:11 PM
I used Goo Gone to get rid of the adhesive residue when I took off the dealer-added pinstripes. Worked well enough, and I washed & waxed right away afterwards to make sure the paint wasn't naked.

vectorhive
12-29-2002, 10:53 PM
googone is ok. gasoline or brake cleaner BAD!

any sign shop in town will have an adhesive remover called "rapid remover" that is made specifically for removing vinyl decal adhesive residue from cars and is really safe and a nice product. it is expensive and sold in gallons at any sign supply company as well.

proper technique is to warm the decal/vinyl/sticker with a hair dryer (sign shops use heat guns or even propane torches in the field!), but i would recomend a hair dryer so you don't accidentally bubble your paint. warm up the whole sticker evenly, don't focus on one area. once the whole thing is warm then use your fingernails and get it started. or, if you live in arizona (like me) then you just park the car in the sun for like twenty minutes and the adhesive is more than warm enough to yank with impunity.

the paint on your si will of course be nice and new and have a good bond. on an older car or with crappy paint, it is good form to pull the sticker off 180 degrees, folding it over back on itself, rather than yanking straight out from the car. i have seen people yank a big sheet of paint off. in fact, even with all my suposed experience i managed to yank paint of my last car (66 beetle) in 11 places removing these really ugly stickers. i can blame the shitty, old paintjob there tho...

anyhoo, once you have got the stickers off, put the goo gone or rapid remover on it and LET IT SIT FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES so it is really soft. a sign guy would then take his nice soft rubber squeegee and "scrape" the goo off. if you take a paper towel and wipe it all around it gets to be a major big mess. then wash and wax.

that is all.

team ERA 5
12-30-2002, 03:42 PM
HEY GUYS well that grill was the RS grill it was suppose to be my brothers but he gave it too me cuz he said ill fit so i put it on and clipped offf the RS SIGN....SORRY GUYS FOR THE LAGG i was on vacation...

team ERA 5
12-30-2002, 04:10 PM
close up view

2k2_nbp_egg
12-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Where is this RS grill available? That looks really good...just like the EK Si's w/o the front honda badge. Also if you could say how much it was, I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering where to get a grill like that....assuming it's under 50 dollars.

rocket_civic
12-30-2002, 07:59 PM
179 bucks

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=HON-CRSGSW&variation=&aitem=4&mitem=5&back=yes&dept=907

Trevor

natesi
12-30-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
close up view

Thanks,

You wouldn't happen to have any with the hood shut, would you??

I'm trying to imagine what it would look like normally. If you could post some with the hood shut, that would rock.

Thanks,

-nate

carbonSI
01-04-2003, 04:45 AM
i was sittin up at the gas station one day lookin at my grill, and noticed how HUGE the (H) is... so i just took it off right there, there is still a black (H) there, but it looks alot more clean, ill try and get some pics when i was my car... i havent washed it since, cause its about freezing, and it rains every other day, i feel bad! :'( ill treat her very nicely when the weather eases up a little -mike

crispytreat
05-12-2003, 09:02 AM
I hate to dig up this old post, but has anyone found a cheap knockoff of the RS Grill that will fit our EP's. I am feeling that H-less Si-badgeless grill. All help will be appreciated. I have seen cheaper ones in the $30 to $60 range, but I have been told that they do not fit the EP only the coupes and sedans.

My goal is to have a grill that is not metal and has the black plastic mesh covering the entire grill, similar to the 99-00 si's.

Thanks

Will2K2
05-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by crispytreat
I hate to dig up this old post, but has anyone found a cheap knockoff of the RS Grill that will fit our EP's. I am feeling that H-less Si-badgeless grill. All help will be appreciated. I have seen cheaper ones in the $30 to $60 range, but I have been told that they do not fit the EP only the coupes and sedans.

My goal is to have a grill that is not metal and has the black plastic mesh covering the entire grill, similar to the 99-00 si's.

Thanks

Agree

AGREE

Need to find a cheaper Option (no pun intended)

W

2k3vbpEP
05-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Also I see on option that this is listed in white, blak, or silver. Does the grill part come in one of these colors or is there some other piece that comes in this color? If it is the grill then obviously I would want black

Mr.02BlackSIguY
05-17-2003, 02:21 AM
the color means the paint color of the car... which is the outer ring of the grill.. the grill will be black, its just the outerside thats painted on those colors.

fishboy
05-28-2003, 01:45 PM
those pictures of era's grill look photoshopped.

edit: whoops sorry this is an old thread. i was searching "goo gone.":D can i get that stuff at pepboys?

uh, yeah those pics look fishy to me.

natesi
05-28-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm hungry.

BarracksSi
05-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Look for Goo Gone at a cleaner/detergent/housewares/auto section of your local grocery store, Target, Wal-Mart *sucks*, 7-11, etc.