PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Change Their Parking Light Bulbs.....

JSIR
12-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Just wondering if we have any options in changing the front parking lot bulbs, if anyone has done it what have they gone with . Different colours, brighter bulbs ?........

any info would be cool.

Joey

2K2SilverSi
12-25-2002, 11:14 PM
In the ones on top of the headlights I have amber single led lights. THey are alright but you can hardly see them past my sylvania silverstars. Those headlights are awsome. Great visibility without the look at me blue color of hyperwhites

golferjn
12-25-2002, 11:18 PM
piaas, the 168s come in many colors, perfect for your preference

icegrill
12-26-2002, 10:48 AM
I put in some Polarg Amber bulbs along with Philips extra light, bulbs and recently got some Philips silver corner bulbs. Philips makes some sweet lights, only problem is you have to order them from England. Does anyone know if our corner bulbs are 1156 or 1157? Thanks.

SmoothOperator
12-26-2002, 02:54 PM
I replaced those, and the headlight bulbs, the day I stored my car. Still haven't had a good opportunity to go night driving with them. Joey, I just bought the bulbs that london honda had. Chris Butters recommended them. Cost like $80 for all of em.

JSIR
12-27-2002, 07:59 PM
I just put in some amber coloured bulbs in the parking lights. It looks pretty good, the kind of take on a triangular shape within the headlight bezel, hard to describe until you see them. Red and blue bulbs would work too, but they may look a bit ricey, hard to say. I like the Ambers. I didn't like the stock parking lights as they were really dim looking, the ambers look nicer. I am running Sylvania Silverstars in the headlights, all other bulbs are stock. I really like the Silverstars.

thanks for the tip Rob, I got the amber bulbs at london Honda, I think they were like $2 or something like that.

myeverlovinsir
12-27-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
I am running Sylvania Silverstars in the headlights, all other bulbs are stock. I really like the Silverstars.

I am thinking about switching out the stock headlights, seeing as I did not go for the HID's. Joey any probs with the fit with the sylvainia? I should get shopping on these, but any pointers are great. Did you find many other types of headlights that will fit our ride?

:)

JSIR
12-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Glen, I like the Sylvania Silverstars because they retain the stock wattage, and are made by a brand name lighting supplier with a warranty. They give off a silver white colour, pretty decent, noticeable over stock. They are more money than your basic aftermarket "white" bulb. The Silverstars just fit in like regular bulbs for the most part.

There are hundreds of lights on the market, most juice up the wattage to produce more light. Others give you a funky blue or prism colour. These bulbs are usually less expensive than the Silverstars. I bought mine in the US for $48 US for two, up here they go for about $90 Canadian for two. My Honda dealer caries them now too, not sure what they are worth at the dealer. hth.

myeverlovinsir
12-27-2002, 08:58 PM
thanks Joey will check with the dealer tomorrow. I would like something with a cleaner white but not BMW white with blue.;)

JSIR
12-27-2002, 09:04 PM
Here is a link to a post on this forum with amber parking lights, they refer to them as driving lights . The amber lights are the same as mine in appearance, better than the dim white stock bulbs IMO. This guy is using PIAA plasma headlights they don't look bad either. Last time I had PIAA bulbs on my 99 SiR they lasted less than one year, and only had a 90 day warranty. The Silverstars have a two year warranty if I remember correctly, so hopefully they are designed to last longer.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5873

Joey

icegrill
12-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Get the Philips extra light bulbs. You won't be dissappointed. They look superior to any H4 bulbs available. I've had in my previous honda's all super white: piaa, polarg, 2 pairs of razo and a pair of raybrig in my girlfriends car. I think they all have too blue a light. Stocks almost seem brighter when actually driving. Here is the link to the page: www.autolamps-online.com. Only $28 shipped from the U.K. my .02

JSIR
12-28-2002, 10:32 AM
I just swapped in some red coloured bulbs as a test in place of the amber ones I had, and I dont like the reds at all. They make the car look kinda fruity. Ambers are much better. hth.

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
I put in some Polarg Amber bulbs along with Philips extra light, bulbs and recently got some Philips silver corner bulbs. Philips makes some sweet lights, only problem is you have to order them from England. Does anyone know if our corner bulbs are 1156 or 1157? Thanks.

I've been looking for the bulbs that look silver and light up amber, have you found some that will fit our cars? The ones I saw had a different part # on them, but then again everyone has different #'s for the same bulb sometimes.

icegrill
01-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Hatch, Our corner bulbs are an odd one they are a blade style plug instead of the round style. The philips I got don't work, they are a standard 1157.:(

jose
01-05-2003, 02:01 PM
piaa makes l.e.d.'s bulbs that look real nice.they have two bulbs in one,with three different colors, blue/blue, blue/white, white/white. i got the blue/white. they look nice.

fyzm7357
01-07-2003, 04:58 AM
What are the purpose of the driving lights anyway? They really don't light up that bright....

JSIR
01-12-2003, 06:41 PM
they are actually called parking lights, but you are right , they are only 5 w bulbs, so they can't be very bright, more of an appearance/cosmetic thing , whatever look better.

BarracksSi
01-12-2003, 08:30 PM
I think that they're perfect for daytime running lights, especially if they can be made just a bit brighter.

One of the main points about daytime lights is that they would run at a lower wattage than the headlights, giving enough light so that the car could be seen BY OTHERS in mixed ambient light conditions -- shadows, dusk, etc. However, most car manufacturers have screwed around with that principle, using high beam lights as running lights -- or worse yet, using HID lights (Dodge, I think, has had problems with HID bulbs melting their housings because of this).

Most parking lights don't project very well, but the EP's have a pretty neat reflector around them. I'd like to have them come on with the ignition -- just the fronts, and not the taillights.