PDA

View Full Version : HFP Spring Questions and Help?

Izzy
05-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Can I use the springs from the HFP on stock struts? Has anyone done this? does this affect the ride or even raise the car up? Do I just get rid of the entire suspension and go with aftermarket?
I have very little knowledge about cars, and it's sometimes hard for me to understand what's going on in my own car. Thanks if anyone can help me.

jgn6848
05-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Can I use the springs from the HFP on stock struts? Has anyone done this? does this affect the ride or even raise the car up? Do I just get rid of the entire suspension and go with aftermarket?
I have very little knowledge about cars, and it's sometimes hard for me to understand what's going on in my own car. Thanks if anyone can help me.

Yes... you can use stock struts but I recommend good aftermarket ones like koni yellows

Ride height is mainly controlled by springs so your ride height will remain the same (might be a few mm higher but nothing more)

Izzy
05-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Will those Koni Yellow insert fit on HFP strut housing? and would I need to cut anything on the rear suspension?

jgn6848
05-08-2011, 07:56 PM
no cutting required.... only a spring compressor, proper tools, time and a wheel alignment are required!!

Izzy
05-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the help.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
05-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes... you can use stock struts but I recommend good aftermarket ones like koni yellows

Ride height is mainly controlled by springs so your ride height will remain the same (might be a few mm higher but nothing more)

i thought ride height would be lower with koni yellows?

Zzyzx
05-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Will those Koni Yellow insert fit on HFP strut housing? and would I need to cut anything on the rear suspension?

For ease of install, I'd strongly look at Bilstein dampers over Koni. The are a direct swap for the EP3 and the dampers are near works of art, construction wise.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
i always thought aftermarket dampeners would be lower than stock? heightwise