PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded parts needed/suggested for K-pro

Bryan144
05-09-2011, 08:04 AM
At the moment all I have is:
Injen Short Ram Intake
DC Sports Headers (shorty)
Greddy Evo2 exhaust

What are some suggested upgrades to better prepare for or handle K-pro?

heyvortek
05-09-2011, 08:17 AM
turbo kit :) or 310cc injectors to run less lean. of course a tuner if you want to maximize kpro. those mod would give you minimal performance but you will notice improvement.

Nickle n Dimin
05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
i'm pretty sure you can run a stock k motor on kpro

RHCP0801
05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
yea you can run a stock motor on kpro, but if all you want to do is bolt ons ditch the shorty header for race header and get a cold air intake

RedSiBaron
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
turbo kit :) or 310cc injectors to run less lean. of course a tuner if you want to maximize kpro. those mod would give you minimal performance but you will notice improvement.

Id actually play with increasing fuel pressure first before going bigger on injectors and try and get increased atomization out of the fuel...I've seen guys get more hp out of increased fuel pressure on stock injectors over one step bigger for more flow...

Most of the time engines don't use full capacity of the stock injectors

Op, id just get kpro, and start tuning...then your tuner and you can look at what will probably be the next step to pull more power...get a baseline untuned first, most people don't do that

Nickle n Dimin
05-09-2011, 08:43 AM
i would say that you need to get in touch with a tuner.. for me after i got a bolt on greedy kit and kpro which has lasted since 06 with no problems. i am still left looking for more. go the high route with a built swap and all the amenities

Paulieep3
05-11-2011, 06:25 AM
you can put kpro on any stock k motor, all mods after teh fact will just allow more power to be unleashed. I would suggest getting a wideband o2 sensor, it helps a lot with street tuning, way better than the stock narrowband. and also, yea ditch that shorty header and get a race header and also a cold air intake. those are gonna help you make better power gains when your tuning.

japarossa
05-11-2011, 05:32 PM
you can put kpro on any stock k motor, all mods after teh fact will just allow more power to be unleashed. I would suggest getting a wideband o2 sensor, it helps a lot with street tuning, way better than the stock narrowband. and also, yea ditch that shorty header and get a race header and also a cold air intake. those are gonna help you make better power gains when your tuning.

Stock o2 sensor is wideband.

sleepy ep3
05-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Stock o2 sensor is wideband.

I wouldn't take advice from a person that didn't know that. Just sayin.

Paulieep3
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I read on club rsx that our stock one was a narrowband, thats y it is a different part number. i could have been mislead

Paulieep3
05-12-2011, 09:33 AM
ok, i stand corrected, went back and re read, the rsx k20a3 is a narrowband, and i thought it meant our k20a3 also, sorry bout that, i had to replace my old sensor anyway and i put a type s one in.

tsxdriver
05-19-2011, 06:31 PM
so is our sensor a wideband??

japarossa
05-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Yes it is

Kerby
05-20-2011, 04:48 AM
there's a reason why they're so damn expensive.