PDA

View Full Version : will this o2 sensor work?

eptwah
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5UFVM/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00169JV2M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QX2KGFVGGYTFPZZE214

just hooked up kpro to my car a few days ago and datalogged a few runs. My a/f ratio isn't reading and im throwing a p0134 code. So I was wondering if this sensor will work bc I have heard of a few aftermarket sensors not being compatible. Thanks!

fantasi30
05-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Yah, Denso 234-9005 will work. But read this....http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?63618-K24A2-02-Sensor

Paulieep3
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
My suggestion is get the 02-04 rsx type s sensor, try n find one used, new they are a bit pricey, but they are great and it is wideband. It will plug rite into our existing harness and i find parts like that are best to have oem, you get very accurate readings.

hothatch
05-16-2011, 12:08 AM
When i replaced my stock exhaust ,manifold and catalictic i put my stock sensor in the defouler raisers.Turned it on and got a LIGHT. i think the oils from the new exhaust fried my o2 sensor,i hear they are that fragile.sO I researched o2 sensors and found the best one is the most expensive denso you can find for what you need.I bought it i think it was like $250 pluged it in and never seen that light again with my testpipe in.(knock on wood).Just get the denso that you dont have to soider,the one with the plugs already on the wires and youll be set.They are made to get shit on and still work.

j0000stin
05-16-2011, 01:18 AM
When i replaced my stock exhaust ,manifold and catalictic i put my stock sensor in the defouler raisers.Turned it on and got a LIGHT. i think the oils from the new exhaust fried my o2 sensor,i hear they are that fragile.sO I researched o2 sensors and found the best one is the most expensive denso you can find for what you need.I bought it i think it was like $250 pluged it in and never seen that light again with my testpipe in.(knock on wood).Just get the denso that you dont have to soider,the one with the plugs already on the wires and youll be set.They are made to get shit on and still work.

do i have to reply to all of your posts buahahaha

denso is good you can get it at rockauto for like 150, so you sir got ripped off. and theres no oil in the exhaust? hahaha

talonXracer
05-16-2011, 07:34 AM
do i have to reply to all of your posts buahahaha

denso is good you can get it at rockauto for like 150, so you sir got ripped off. and theres no oil in the exhaust? hahaha

A brand new exhaust does in fact have a coating of oil/preservative on the inside, but I can not see this causing any issues, I am more apt to say the old A/F sensor had been touched or antisieze got onto the o2 sensor. They are NEVER to be sprayed with any kind of brake/carb cleaner, the outer shield can have deposits removed with a soft cloth and some carbon tet or another electronics cleaner that leaves no deposits(most do)

ep3z1
05-28-2011, 07:32 PM
i got my sensor from a reck yard for 50 bucks working fine