PDA

View Full Version : New Interior

jdisback
05-10-2011, 03:07 AM
This is some of my new interior i have been working on for the last week let me know what you think!
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/jd-isback/Screenshot2011-05-10at34423AM.png
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/jd-isback/Screenshot2011-05-10at34427AM.png
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/jd-isback/Screenshot2011-05-10at34432AM.png
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/jd-isback/Screenshot2011-05-10at34436AM.png

si.hatch
05-10-2011, 04:19 AM
theres gonna be some haters but i like it!

nowyou just need some white stiching haha

boss-chan
05-10-2011, 06:48 AM
damn thats nice, it looks tight. can i pick your brain and ask how you did it? like the door. i was thinking of changing mine to suit the way i am redoing my interior, i just wasn't sure how to go about it.

RedSiBaron
05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I like it, reminds me of the new fiat 500 interior...

Need a round white ball style knob now...

Only thing I would have done different is I would have painted the door handle, door pull, and door lock switch black like the interior...its competing visually with the nice carefully thought out shape of the door panel insert...maybe just the switches/door pulls black...the handles may be ok white...not sure...its just too much having the pulls and switches white, the insert on the "oh shit" handle could be good if the others were black

Either way, you did a clean job, looks good...the painted knobs really helped round it out...thanks for not going nuts and painting the vents trim on the dash

AKEP
05-10-2011, 12:43 PM
not a fan of white interior. but thats clean. and yeah, need that buddy club shift knob!

what floor mat is that?

jdisback
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Ya originally i wasn't going to do white interior, but everyone else did red or black so i wanted to something a little different. and i ordered a twm type R pearl white shift knob, also a set of 17x7 konig lightning white rims on the way to finish the white look. and the floor is just stock im pretty sure guy i bought it from already had them.

hkrayingboyz
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
that is clean but you will get all those dirty so quickly that you will regret it.

ShadowEP3
05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
its different, props for doing it

only thing that would stop me from doing that is keeping it white

mitchell_ep3
05-10-2011, 04:45 PM
did your headrest piece come out faily simple? i'd like to give mine a darker shot of red to match the floor mats.

mitchlikesbikes
05-10-2011, 05:08 PM
i really dig this man! here's what would really set it off in my opinion:

-black suede shift boot with white stitching
-white shift knob (i see you've already ordered this)
-give the paint a nice light polish to get some more even gloss out of it
-keep door pull inserts white, but do the lock switch and actual door-opener handle black
-paint the shift boot collar (the chrome ring) black
-white stitching on the seats (even though i know this would be a pain in the ass to like the fourth power haha)

that's all i can think of but other than that this is pure sex. i've never seen a white interior on the EP3 before so the uniqueness is cool. great job on pulling it off without it going super rice like some other non black/gray interiors!

Tokin_Buds
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Gasp... I dont like anything about your interior, Sorry.

jdisback
05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
did your headrest piece come out faily simple? i'd like to give mine a darker shot of red to match the floor mats.

The first one was tricky but once you get it off the second is a piece of cake, its just hard to find were the clips are, the smaller your flat head screwdriver the easier, also if a friend helps you pull the fabric away from the plastic so you can see were the clips are will help alot to.

i really dig this man! here's what would really set it off in my opinion:

-black suede shift boot with white stitching
-white shift knob (i see you've already ordered this)
-give the paint a nice light polish to get some more even gloss out of it
-keep door pull inserts white, but do the lock switch and actual door-opener handle black
-paint the shift boot collar (the chrome ring) black
-white stitching on the seats (even though i know this would be a pain in the ass to like the fourth power haha)

that's all i can think of but other than that this is pure sex. i've never seen a white interior on the EP3 before so the uniqueness is cool. great job on pulling it off without it going super rice like some other non black/gray interiors!

Thanks dude, ya actually i had a few things like that in mind dont wanna re paint door pulls or anything just yet but,

- White stitching would be great also i think with a bit of white fabric in the seat
- black stearing wheel with a bit of white in it not to much tho
- id like to see what a white roof vinyl would look like to

But then agian its hard to get the right contrast inside a vehicle with black and white and also with the limited amount of money i have and sewing skills haha its all trial and error ill just keeping adding things and changing things till its perfect in my mind probable take a couple years tho.

SmoothEPs
05-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I like it. Is it fairly easy to remove/disconnect the door lever?

jdisback
05-10-2011, 11:37 PM
I like it. Is it fairly easy to remove/disconnect the door lever?

all you gotta do is pop the tweeter off, pop door panel off, and take of three small bolts out and there ya go