PDA

View Full Version : Fidanza Flywheel vs. Traditional Flywheel

USAF EP3
05-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Figured I'd make a thread on this since I have searchd Google and EPHatch.com and have found nill.

Anyways, my clutch is pretty much on it's way out and I want to get it replaced along the same timespan that Im doing all my suspension work.

So I was looking into Fidanza's flywheels and their product is claimed to have removable and replaceable friction surfaces.

I for one see how this is beneficial, since you don't have to resurface or replace a flywheel, you just need to take off the friction plates.

On the other hand, I'm skeptical about reliability because the only thing that's keeping this plate from shredding apart is 16-20 screws mounting it to the flywheel.

Anyhow, I'm looking into either buying their flywheel or ACT's streetlite flywheel.

My question is, what do you guys have to say about Fidanza's flywheel? Also, have any of you had personal experience or know of those who have had experience with Fidanza's flywheel.

Thanks in advance y'all.

talonXracer
05-11-2011, 04:34 AM
ACT StreetLite or a DC5R flywheel, nothing else.

mitchell_ep3
05-11-2011, 06:14 AM
i had a fidanza i ordered off of jegs for my 300whp boosted b16.... it held up great with a competition clutch stage 2.

both lasted me 60,000 kms before i parted out and sold the car.. i'm sure the new owner of my motor is still riding around on that setup.

sLiCk
05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Where can a dc5r fly be purchased? I'm looking to pick one up.