PDA

View Full Version : Mugen SS, sway bar setup help.

jasonindaskyz
05-11-2011, 06:13 AM
I have an 02 ep current set up is Mugen ss, 16" wheels, ctr rear sway, stock front sway, nuspeed front strut tower bar. I just started autox and am looking at switching to the Hotchkis P/N: 22405. competition sway bar set up. I notice that the f sway in this set up is 25.4 mm so I am not sure if it's worth it since I already have a 25mm up front. I like the idea of the adjustable features though.

I like my current set up for daily driving but can't much oversteer when auto-xing.

I was thinking it might be better for me just to get some energy bushings, and adjustable endlinks, rear strut tower brace, and some LCA's.

Thanks for you help.

Zzyzx
05-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Whats your alignment set to?

Also, don't bother with the rear chassis brace or the lower control arms. All they do is lighten your wallet.

jasonindaskyz
05-12-2011, 07:20 AM
I haven't aligned the car yet. Waiting on my rear camber adjusters to come in the mail. Anyone know if you can use the ksport pillowball mounts with the Mugen SS suspension?

Zzyzx
05-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Well then a proper alignment is priority one. no point throwing cash down on a bigger rear bar when the car hasn't even got a good alignment on it yet.

So, get the car aligned then go to an event or two to fine tune it & asses if you even need a bigger rear bar.