PDA

View Full Version : Slammed EP's get in here! Alignment???

blackcivic11
05-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Alright so I went to get an alignment and my tie rod ends are maxed in and I still have toe in.. (can't get toe to 0)

Anyone have this problem when going low?

Pandamanda22
08-30-2011, 12:47 AM
I am having this problem... Did you get it fixed?
And how do other people get past this when they are slammed?

blueandgoldep3
08-30-2011, 12:53 AM
camber kits?

MBaG
08-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Once you alter the suspension, it's gna be hard to get it back to oem specs.

j0000stin
08-30-2011, 01:02 AM
camber kits?

camber and toe are different man haha

blueandgoldep3
08-30-2011, 02:14 AM
camber and toe are different man haha

lol i know , camber is the angle to the ground and toe is the angle to frame for most part... i just cant think of anything that might help with toe that extent, just figured id see if he had a camber kit on the car... my opinion is to never slam your car in the first place

blackcivic11
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
this thread basically explains the whole problem:

http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=1111872

I just went through a set of tires up front in 2 months....

I never fixed this problem... the only remedy i have seen so far is shortened tie rods and theres only one guy who makes them and they're 300$+...

I'm curious to know if there is a remedy for this...

Andrew
08-31-2011, 12:30 PM
this thread basically explains the whole problem:

http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=1111872

I just went through a set of tires up front in 2 months....

I never fixed this problem... the only remedy i have seen so far is shortened tie rods and theres only one guy who makes them and they're 300$+...

I'm curious to know if there is a remedy for this...

if your car is too slammed and you cant run the correct set up you want of negative camber and 0 toe you need either the steering rack bracket via crsx, the crsx custom tie rod ends via crsx, or roll center adjusters. look all 3 up and then post back

ep3colin
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
if your wanna be slammed deal with it

MajorJones
08-31-2011, 04:41 PM
if your car is too slammed and you cant run the correct set up you want of negative camber and 0 toe you need either the steering rack bracket via crsx, the crsx custom tie rod ends via crsx, or roll center adjusters. look all 3 up and then post back

That.

if your wanna be slammed deal with it

This.

Welcome to our slammed issues... lol

blackcivic11
08-31-2011, 05:24 PM
as for the inverted tie rods i only see it making the problem even worse, correct me if i'm wrong but by making the tie rods sit flat instead of angle up, they will be even longer causing even more toe in? the problem with the rsx is toew out since the tie rods are too short and the problem with the ep3 is the tie rods are too long so that creates toe in.

as for the other two i will check them out but in the mean time am I correct reagrding the above?

gamma6
08-31-2011, 05:45 PM
When i was slammed i was told they couldnt do an alignment bc of the outer tie rods being bad so i bought new ones and i was able to get aligned... ur outer tie rods good?

rps.13
08-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Bought me some of these! http://www.dvrace.com/tierods.html

Maxed out my front camber, which is approx -1.5. No more toe adjustment, running slight toe in. Also using AKOM/0857 inverted tie rod ends.

Tie rods will be installed in the next few weeks!

Project Yellow
08-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I've been aligned and am pretty low... it didn't do much, and didn't last long. I still burn through tires... I just suck it up.

Andrew
09-01-2011, 03:03 AM
as for the inverted tie rods i only see it making the problem even worse, correct me if i'm wrong but by making the tie rods sit flat instead of angle up, they will be even longer causing even more toe in? the problem with the rsx is toew out since the tie rods are too short and the problem with the ep3 is the tie rods are too long so that creates toe in.

as for the other two i will check them out but in the mean time am I correct reagrding the above?

the tie rods from crsx i am talking about are not inverted. check it up again, i think its the guy that made the camber plates (possibly toddsplates). i never recommended a switch to inverted tie rod ends, read again. i dont even think it's safe and i heard stories of the t1r ones snapping since youve mentioned inverted tie rod ends. i only know of one user running custom inverted tie rod ends, mugenreplica, so you might want to clear up your claims with him on the more toe on inverted tie rod ends scenario if you really want to run that.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-01-2011, 08:38 AM
a kind've off topic question too all of you slammed folks...

how do you drive anywhere!?!?!?? i'm on aspec drop and i couldnt imagine going any lower because i'd be slowing down for every little bump i see

blackcivic11
09-01-2011, 09:22 AM
the tie rods from crsx i am talking about are not inverted. check it up again, i think its the guy that made the camber plates (possibly toddsplates). i never recommended a switch to inverted tie rod ends, read again. i dont even think it's safe and i heard stories of the t1r ones snapping since youve mentioned inverted tie rod ends. i only know of one user running custom inverted tie rod ends, mugenreplica, so you might want to clear up your claims with him on the more toe on inverted tie rod ends scenario if you really want to run that.

can you link these? i've tried searching, found the bracket but the tie rods I can't seem to find. then again, the point of the bracket is to straighten out the tie rods instead of having them angle up, won't this make them longer if they're straight?

MajorJones
09-02-2011, 06:10 PM

how do you drive anywhere!?!?!?? i'm on aspec drop and i couldnt imagine going any lower because i'd be slowing down for every little bump i see

I remember every bump,pothole,dip,crack turtle gap to change lanes in and lifted middle groove on every road i drive on

PatrickJamesYu
09-02-2011, 06:47 PM
can you link these? i've tried searching, found the bracket but the tie rods I can't seem to find. then again, the point of the bracket is to straighten out the tie rods instead of having them angle up, won't this make them longer if they're straight?

Are you talking about the steering arm bracket?
The guy who makes/sells them is local to me, they seem to really work

PatrickJamesYu
09-02-2011, 06:51 PM

A good answer to that is "slam for photoshoot, bring it up for daily"
Haha, I don't do that, too time consuming so I just found a balance between daily drivable and low.

But most of the slammed guys run stiff suspension
That and I would understand most of the slammmed guys have commutes that will allow it.
If my commute literally didn't allow for my car to be low than I wouldn't do it.
But after some experience, I don't run into those 'bad situations' the way I did when I first was low.

blackcivic11
09-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Are you talking about the steering arm bracket?
The guy who makes/sells them is local to me, they seem to really work

ya the bracket that the tie rods go into on the steering rack... i dont understand how this will solve my toe in problem though... anyone can help out?

Project Yellow
09-04-2011, 04:08 PM
But most of the slammed guys run stiff suspension
That and I would understand most of the slammmed guys have commutes that will allow it.

My suspension is awesome. I have goldline coilovers and everytime someone rides with me they say they're amazed with how smooth the ride is with the car being so low. It is a pain being low, and something that you just have to get used too. Learn the routes without big dips, learn the lanes that are raised in the center, know where pot holes are. Driving a lowered car, you have to know every inch of your car, and the angles you can create to get over a speedbump without grinding the bottom of your car... or which speedbumps to not even attempt.

I do drive 60 miles round-trip interstate to work, and once I'm at work, I try to avoid driving my car anywhere but back home. I even live down a rugged dirt driveway, but I know exactly the angle to get into and out of the driveway without scraping and the exact path to take down the driveway where the car doesn't touch anything.

I did just buy a CRX... am I lowering it ? HELL NO.

PatrickJamesYu
09-04-2011, 04:53 PM
ya the bracket that the tie rods go into on the steering rack... i dont understand how this will solve my toe in problem though... anyone can help out?

If we're talking about the same product, it's designed to reduce the angle of the tie rods when lowered a lot.
The guy 'andy' I think is his name, say's it's only needed for slammed eps.

I for got what exactly, but I know theres 2 products from the same guy.
A steering arm bracket, and tie rod extentions or something.
The extensions only work for RSX/DC5 I believe.
And possibly ep3 Type R's.

JaydmEp3
09-04-2011, 09:13 PM

thts wat u gotta do wen ur slammed bro..lol bettr be safe than sorry and risk it..who cares if u got a line in back of u..lmao

88crx
09-04-2011, 11:22 PM
What's your camber at?

NEO_FOLLOWER2
09-05-2011, 11:09 AM
thts wat u gotta do wen ur slammed bro..lol bettr be safe than sorry and risk it..who cares if u got a line in back of u..lmao

i see...i guess being slammed just isnt for me. i do think ep's look a whole lot better when they're lower
i drive around randomly places too much for me to remember where all the bumps and cracks are.

OP: you should look into roll center adjusters
changing camber and caster can change toe specs also

blackcivic11
09-06-2011, 11:05 AM
What's your camber at?

im at around -2.5 degrees..

303EP
09-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I had this problem, I got inverted tie rod ends and my front toe is at 0

blackcivic11
09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I had this problem, I got inverted tie rod ends and my front toe is at 0

is this really the simple fix? I don't understand the physics of how this is possible lol

if my outer tie rod ends have no more thread to go in, and now instead of the tie rods angling up they're straight (so technically longer no???) how would I get more adjustment by just doing the inverted tie rod ends????

303EP
09-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Idk how to really explain it but when it's at that angle it's reaching for the tie rod end and may not have enough threads. When the steering arm is brought down lower it has more room to go into the threads. I tried my best to draw what im talking about. The arrow is pointing to the length you might have lost when slamming your car. Someone correct me if im wrong but this is how is see it working...

blackcivic11
09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Idk how to really explain it but when it's at that angle it's reaching for the tie rod end and may not have enough threads. When the steering arm is brought down lower it has more room to go into the threads. I tried my best to draw what im talking about. The arrow is pointing to the length you might have lost when slamming your car. Someone correct me if im wrong but this is how is see it working...

I get what you mean by that, it makes sense to me; however, there really are no more threads for the tierod end to go further into the tierod, I'll try and get a picture of my tie rod and the tie rod end t show what I mean that its maxed out.. Thanks for the help 303EP I appreciate any input you can give regarding this issue

303EP
09-09-2011, 07:39 PM
If all else fails this may be your only option if you want to stay that low http://www.dvrace.com/tierods.html

mitchlikesbikes
11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
hey guys, i wasn't really sure what thread to post this in but i'll post it here even though i'm not really "slammed" by most standards.

i'm currently dropped on eibach springs (like a 1.5"ish drop i think?) and running stock tire/offset specs (2005). i plan to align my car in school here pretty soon, and my question is do i need a front camber kit in order to get the most out of my alignment? i'm planning on getting a rear camber kit because i know the camber is pretty crazy back there but the front appears to be fairly normal. any input would help, i'd just like to put the extra $25 elsewhere if i can.

whatsvtec
11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Mitch, with that drop I would definitely get a least front camber bolts. They're cheap and will give you more adjustability.

mitchlikesbikes
11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Mitch, with that drop I would definitely get a least front camber bolts. They're cheap and will give you more adjustability.

alright thanks man, i figured it would probably be a good idea but just wanted to see if it was unnecessary. just one more part on the christmas list haha!

PatrickJamesYu
11-13-2011, 08:29 PM
alright thanks man, i figured it would probably be a good idea but just wanted to see if it was unnecessary. just one more part on the christmas list haha!

It's not Necessary as the tie rods can be adjusted enough to align your car back to stock spec.
But it's your choice as to getting camber bolts or not.

whatsvtec
11-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Just expressing my opinion on the matter. But yeah for ~$20 I would personally get them. Have you noticed any excessive wear since lowering the car?

PatrickJamesYu
11-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Just expressing my opinion on the matter. But yeah for ~$20 I would personally get them. Have you noticed any excessive wear since lowering the car?
Yeah +1
I mean, I have them, and my alignment is close to stock spec
haha.

mitchlikesbikes
11-13-2011, 09:46 PM
I actually bought the car already lowered so it has probably been aligned since everything was put on, but there is definitely some camber wear on both rear tires. I really just want to make sure everything is to spec and good to go before I buy new tires next spring so I don't see any wear problems on them.

ep3beginner
11-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Im thinking of cutting the tie rods to make them shorter so I can make the tie rod go in further

Andrew
11-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I get what you mean by that, it makes sense to me; however, there really are no more threads for the tierod end to go further into the tierod, I'll try and get a picture of my tie rod and the tie rod end t show what I mean that its maxed out.. Thanks for the help 303EP I appreciate any input you can give regarding this issue

im gonna explain the inverted tie rod end situation to you. if you have a regular set of coilvers (not a straight arm design) the inverted tie rod ends were made so that the toe can be zeroed out because the tie rod ends on the ep3 are too long and put the inner tie rod end arms on the steering rack into a V which causes a steering rack creek and terrible handling imo. so you have a few options. you can start with RCAs so you can try to correct the suspension geometry so you can get the toe and camber settings to your desire secondly you can get either a coilover with a straight arm design and slam it to your needs or thirdly you can go all out and get the steering rack bracket, the crsx inner tie rod ends and RCAs if you dont want to deal with any shit. it all depends on your situation and money needs.

okay man i feel bad for you in your situation here. you seemed confused a lot. first off what type of coilovers do you have (brand name) and secondly do you have a straight arm design (like megan or bc racing) or just a regular arm design. there's a lot of things that play into roles when you want to "slam" your car these being the most crucial imo since dealing with a "slammed" DD for like the past few years. sorry im not gonna post up the links you asks for because i dont have the time too look for it but trust me its on crsx youre just not searching hard enough

blackcivic11
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
So if I get this right, inverted tie rods alone will solve this issue?

Anyways some may think my solution is retarded but its basically putting my car up for sale lol no more problems!

Thanks for the explanation though I can see you took the time to try and help me out