PDA

View Full Version : Wheel shakes..help with car problem..Ep3

getfreshcrue
05-16-2011, 11:24 AM
So as im driving the other day after leaving my car parked in my friends house i notice that when i hit a little bump or something my car starts rattling.. i slow down and the car rattles more until i really slow down... i get out i dont see anything wrong tires are inflated nothing looks wrong.. i drive again it happened when i hit a bump i speed up and it stops and i go home... I lift my car up with the jack and i move around the front drivers side wheel and you could push it in a bit so i think that is whats causing the rattling.. what did i break or what got lose what can i do?

getfreshcrue
05-16-2011, 11:25 AM
i have buddy club coilovers in the front and skunk2 in the back anything wrong with the suspension...i think i mightve hit too many pot holes :/

talonXracer
05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
First off you only need to make a single post, second it should be in the proper forum, suspension.

Now, I would grab the front wheel at the 3oclock and 9oclock position and try to rock each side in and out, then do the same at 12 and 6. Most of the time movement of just the wheel indicates bad bearings, but could be a ball joint, if the whole LCA is moving then the LCA's bushings need to be checked.

getfreshcrue
05-16-2011, 11:51 AM
sorry, i just wanted an answer quick before i go to the shop... and i dont think its the lca.. i held the wheel at 12 nd 6 and you could tilt the wheel in at the 12..

talonXracer
05-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Check that the pinch bolts are not loose, they are the ones connecting the front struts to the knuckles, I have had them come loose before, especially if you use an aftermarket camber bolt.

getfreshcrue
05-16-2011, 11:55 AM
kay, problem is i dont even have the right tool to remove my lug nuts... i only have the honda lug nut remover and these lugs are longer..

ep3jd
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Post a picture of the lugs and someone will be able to tell you the make so you can get the key

getfreshcrue
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2hrlfvc.jpg

ep3jd
05-16-2011, 12:44 PM
You just need a deep 19. I thought they were locking nuts that needed a key.

talonXracer
05-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah a deep socket will work.

getfreshcrue
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
kay i will post a video up of whats happening idk maybe you guys can help me before i get raped by mechanics

no offense to mechanics its just i was planning a vacation.... dont want to have to cancel for this

getfreshcrue
05-18-2011, 11:13 AM
So I bought a 19 deep socket at r&s strauss took a video of the wheel moving in and out removed the wheel looked at the problem and tightened the pinch bolts which were completely loose and now the wheel does not move... thanks alot guys this was a big accomplishment for me lol