ep3jd
05-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Did you grease it lol

joeschmoe
05-16-2011, 03:09 PM
yes greased it after cleaning it.

japarossa
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I had some problems getting mine in a few weeks ago, the trick to it is that the axle has to be perfectly straight for it to go in. This is hard to do with the strut still on the car since its in the way. If you are holding the driveshaft perfectly straight it should slip on with a slight push once you get to the retaining ring.

joeschmoe
05-16-2011, 03:30 PM
would it be easier to take out the part that goes to the tranny then reput it all in at one time? or keep the part on the tany and slide it in that way?

japarossa
05-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah that might be a bit easier, but I would have an extra hand to hold it in the wheel well when you are rebolting it in because you don't want the driveshaft to come apart inside the boot.
If you take out the strut, unbolt the sway bar link so the control arm drops a bit further it should pop right in if you are holding it straight. Make sure a few of the splines are grease free so you don't get air locked in there preventing it from pushing in.

joeschmoe
05-16-2011, 03:53 PM
i guess i didnt have it straight enough, took the piece off and did it all off the car and went right in. thanks for the help =) now to go hopefully get this car up and running :D