PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on what to do with the spare ports-where fog lights go + blank cig light

ryanistheryan
05-16-2011, 11:05 PM
So I really dislike a useless spot on the car that is clearly meant to be used for something...

I know that the blank cig adapter(symetrically opposite to the hazard lights) has been used for moving the hazard lights to, and then putting in a push start... honestly, I don't see the purpose of the push to start, I can twist the key fine. Has anyone had success in putting in anything useful? I was thinking USB adapter leaching off the cig lighter below, but Headunit already has 2 usb ports, so I'm skipping on that.

Also, I know one of the ports to the left(like the mirrors, cruise control) is for foglights... since they don't fit on my car I was going to buy it just for the switch, and sell the lights them selves and hook up the switch to a dif set of lights...

Theres two blanks on my car though, one for the fog, can't figure out the other one... Anyone have any ideas what the other one is? and what to fill it with if not?

Any opinions are welcomed, I really am open to anything, maybe I'll even do push start if you can convince me that its so amazing.

whatsvtec
05-16-2011, 11:57 PM
functioning headlight leveling switch, fog lights(as you stated), coin holder, start button, bass knob. Is there any space left? lol

usedep3
05-17-2011, 09:33 AM
i dont have any blank spots :shrug: :mangel:

cruise, fog, headlight leveler switch, coin holder and cig lighter is what i have to use up all the blanks

ep_curious
05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
I routed my mic (my hu has Hands free phone function) to one of those unused blocks Left of the steering wheel. Seems to work very well. I just hated the idea of having the mic pop out like a wee little pnis in my car =].

ryanistheryan
05-22-2011, 10:01 AM
functioning headlight leveling switch, fog lights(as you stated), coin holder, start button, bass knob. Is there any space left? lol

BASS knob! Great idea, I'm putting in a sub and the spot for the spare cig adapter right next to the headunit would be perfect for it! thanks for the idea!

ep_curious- I think I saw your mic on a different forum- it seemed like the Pioneer one right? I have that but I just velcrowed it behind the steering wheel... in my old car even there the quality would be too good but it seems to work now..

usedep-- did you use an official cig lighter to fill that spot? if so maybe you can point where to get them so I can look around at accessories.

I have to ask you guys though, which slot has the coiner holder? Can someone take a picture of their dash so I can see everything?

Also the headlight leveler switch--- How did yall get that? Is it OEM or homebrew? How much would you suggest it?

Thanks for the responses yall :)

si.hatch
05-22-2011, 11:29 AM
i put a volt meter in my blank spot by the shifter

and the other side is a fog light switch and cruise control