PDA

View Full Version : Cheapskate audio advice

scubasteve2010
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Ive been thinking about replacing my factory front door speakers. The speakers have become a bit buzzy if that makes sense and I feel they are lacking. Right now I have an aftermarket Pioneer head unit. I'm not a massive audiophile but I would appreciate a bump in sound quality. Ive been thinking about buying these inexpensive Pioneer speakers: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSG1643/Pioneer-TS-G1643R.html?tp=105&nvpair=FFBrand|Pioneer
Do you think I will notice an improvement or am I simply wasting my money at that price point? Any feedback much appreciated. Thanks

Cheep3
05-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Those would be a HUGE improvement over your stock speakers! Your Pioneer unit should power them just fine. There was a recent thread that I posted my "cheap" system in. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?62292-How-much-did-you-spend-on-your-system You don't have to spend much to improve your system. After you pull your old speakers out you will see how dismally substandard the stock speakers were!

si.hatch
05-18-2011, 04:27 AM
you also have to remember you already have tweeters in the door sills.

i would get some 2-ways rather than some coaxiles. the highs would be a little overpowering

RON
05-18-2011, 11:49 AM
you also have to remember you already have tweeters in the door sills.

i would get some 2-ways rather than some coaxiles. the highs would be a little overpowering

You mean components.

si.hatch
05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes 2 way components

scubasteve2010
05-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback guys. Your point about the redundancy of highs makes sense with the factory tweeter. If I were to go with the cheaper coaxial option would it sound better if I disconnected the factory tweeter?

si.hatch
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Probly not. I would shop around untill you found a set you like for the price your wanting to pay

Cheep3
05-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Hey thanks for the feedback guys. Your point about the redundancy of highs makes sense with the factory tweeter. If I were to go with the cheaper coaxial option would it sound better if I disconnected the factory tweeter?

I wouldn't worry about the extra tweeters. The factory ones are pretty weak, and the door ones will get a little washed out from the extra distance. Your Pioneer headunit has an excellent equalizer as well. I would keep it simple - and enjoy!