PDA

View Full Version : yokohama

seven6zero
12-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Im getting new wheels and tires this weekend and i was wondering... how do you guys feel about the Yokohama Parada Spec II's?

SpeedRacer
12-26-2002, 07:24 PM
AWESOME TIRE
i had them on my Si before i got in the wreck but anyways on dry surface they kicked ass. when i crashed the ground was wet to touch but not by looking and my car totally spun out. anyways they are rated the best wet tires which maybe they are but i still fuct my shit up because the ground was wet and i couldn't tell. When the ground was dry i did alot of canyon racing in them and i like them alot more then my last set of nitto tires. So yea get the Spec II they kick ass for the most part. my friend has them too and he loves them aswell

swatman
12-27-2002, 11:05 PM
I'm also thinking about getting a set of Parada Spec 2 for my 17" rims. However, they don't make them in 215/45/17. Only 205/45/17 or 215/40/17. The 215/40 will make the whole wheel diameter smaller than stock 15". The 205/45 has near perfect diameter compared with 15", but you loose the extra traction you get with 215.

I might go ahead and get the 205/45 because I want to try out the Parada.

What size Parada are you planning to get???

JoshSI
12-30-2002, 10:24 AM
I have 205/45zr/16s wrapped on TE-37s on my car and I love the setup! Paradas are good traction plus the tread looks dope as hell! I was thinking about seeing if they make them in a 50 series though ebcuase my overall diameter is a little smaller then stock

Feng
12-31-2002, 01:23 AM
i heard some bad reviews on them, one thing is that they are really loud and not so good in the rain. but don't kill me if i'm wrong just telling you want i heard from people on clubsi a while back.

dchu
12-31-2002, 01:40 AM
I'm from clubsi and Feng is right about what most people thought of the old Paradas. I had them and while they were good in the dry, they sucked ass in the wet...probably because of the tread design and relatively hard compound. It's also probably the same reason they were so loud. At first it's pretty quiet but after a couple thousand miles they get loud. They have an awful howling noise not unlike off-road tires.

SpeedRacer
12-31-2002, 01:54 AM
the Spec II's got the best rating as far as driving in the rain or on wet ground.

hamlet9634
12-31-2002, 07:58 PM
Yokohama realized they made a HUGE mistake with the old parada tires (nice looking tread, horrible tread compound), and they REPLACED the old paradas with the parada spec II. Be careful when you get feedback about these tires to make sure that people are actually talking about the NEW paradas and not the original crappy ones.

My 2 cents: I have a set of 205/45/16 on lightweight wheels and am VERY happy with the set up. Never driven very hard in the rain (the car is not lowered yet, and body roll scares me, heh). The tires are VERY quiet, they break away progressively, are relatively lightweight (mine were 19lbs each vs the 215/45/16 falken weighing 22.8lbs). Absolute grip seems pretty nice as well, though I haven't tested the limits yet (and probably these don't quite live up to the azenis).

Sizing: I went with an overall diameter smaller than stock. yes the speedo is off, but it gives your car MORE POWER to have a smaller than stock wheel (like changing the final drive ratio on your tranny) in exchange for a little stability.

swatman
01-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Are the Parada Spec II tires different for left side and right side. I looked at the picture of the tires, the thread looks assymetrical. It looks like the left and the right will have to be opposite thread design.

Here is the picture of Parada Spec II on Tirerack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Parada+Spec-2&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=045WR7PARADAS2