PDA

View Full Version : Need help...clutch or tranny problem

EAZYEP3
05-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I have 03 si i get in it today and drive to the store when i come out i push in the clutch and i hear a pop before i even start the car...The car has a 6 puck clutch and after the pop there is no pressure on the pedal....The car still starts but wont go into any of the gears....Could my clutch cable maybe snapped, my clutch went bad or could it be something else? Any help would be great

AKEP
05-19-2011, 12:20 PM
sounds like the clutch line either became detached or you poped the line... or broke the clutch lever...or something.

you can see the line running over the transmission, it looks like a solid brake line. it goes to the front of the transmission case (front of car) and to a flex tube/slave cylinder. have someone step on the clutch repeatedly and see where its broken.

hope that helps.

EAZYEP3
05-19-2011, 12:23 PM
sounds like the clutch line either became detached or you poped the line... or broke the clutch lever...or something.

you can see the line running over the transmission, it looks like a solid brake line. it goes to the front of the transmission case (front of car) and to a flex tube/slave cylinder. have someone step on the clutch repeatedly and see where its broken.

hope that helps.

Im waiting for the car to be towed to the house now but i will check that out......Thanks

talonXracer
05-19-2011, 12:39 PM
You blew the CMC there is NO CABLE the clutch system is hydraulic , it is a VERY common issue with stage3+ clutchs. For the best results DO NOT get a stock replacement, use a EX civic CMC.

AKEP
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
there is NO CABLE the clutch system is hydraulic

for clarification, i meant the hydraulic line. lol.

so the CMC actually goes POP?!

talonXracer
05-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Yep, pop like a bad boy with arthritis! The small triangular portion on the CMC is a reservoir/delay system, ie it creates a huge restriction to slow down the operation of the hydraulics, it cant take the abuse and is a common point of failure on EVERY EP3/DC5 with a stronger clutch than stock. There is at least one person every couple of weeks that blows it out and posts up, in fact there was a post a few days ago where it needed to be replaced.

EAZYEP3
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys.......So dont get a cmc from a si get one from a 01-05 ex

EAZYEP3
05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Ok you guys said it sounds like the cmc and ive been reading up on it and most people say that when the cmc goes bad the pedal stays to the floor and that you can see it leaking under the dash......My pedal does not stay on the floor it does pop back up and it is pretty clean i see no leak....So would you say its still the cmc or should i be looking for something else

USAF EP3
05-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Yep, pop like a bad boy with arthritis! The small triangular portion on the CMC is a reservoir/delay system, ie it creates a huge restriction to slow down the operation of the hydraulics, it cant take the abuse and is a common point of failure on EVERY EP3/DC5 with a stronger clutch than stock. There is at least one person every couple of weeks that blows it out and posts up, in fact there was a post a few days ago where it needed to be replaced.

I just recently purchased an Omni-Power CMC. From what I've read this is the CMC to get if you're running an upgraded clutch.

I can't imagine that the OEM 01-05 Civic EX CMC could be stronger than Omni's.