PDA

View Full Version : rpf1 (black) centercap paint to match?

jeenyusss
05-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I have the rpf1's in black and purchased honda centercaps to fit. I want to paint them black to come as close as possible to the black on the rpf1. has anyone done this? I was thinking satin black spray paint (for plastic) but I believe it is going to be too shiny. help me ephatch :)

jeenyusss
05-19-2011, 06:14 PM
bump

jeenyusss
05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
bump

T_Virus
05-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Can you post pixs? I would like to see your wheels.

EPtyper
05-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Are they matt black? http://duplicolor.com/success/stories/QjyjVLyZYL

RedSiBaron
05-20-2011, 08:59 PM
dude, there are different finish spray paints, there is gloss, then semi gloss, then satin, then matt...pick your poison...buy from rustoleum, duplicolor, valspar, krylon...who cares, they are center caps, you can shoot them and re shoot them every freaking week for all it matters

ep3jd
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM
dude, there are different finish spray paints, there is gloss, then semi gloss, then satin, then matt...pick your poison...buy from rustoleum, duplicolor, valspar, krylon...who cares, they are center caps, you can shoot them and re shoot them every freaking week for all it matters

lmao qft

jeenyusss
05-21-2011, 04:41 PM

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/jeenyussshonda/6401703g69.gif

27rocks
05-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Give them to me i have silver RPF1's

DRP967
05-21-2011, 07:53 PM
I have the rpf1's in black and purchased honda centercaps to fit. I want to paint them black to come as close as possible to the black on the rpf1. has anyone done this? I was thinking satin black spray paint (for plastic) but I believe it is going to be too shiny. help me ephatch :)

Just dont run center caps...looks fine without em.

jeenyusss
05-21-2011, 11:48 PM
redbaron- all I was asking was if someone did this and what matched best. I apologize for posting a question on a forum ment for questions. I know what brands are good and the different finishes.

27rocks your too far!

drp- had em for a year n half without, I think they would look better with some matching

RedSiBaron
05-22-2011, 08:31 AM
redbaron- all I was asking was if someone did this and what matched best. I apologize for posting a question on a forum ment for questions. I know what brands are good and the different finishes.

27rocks your too far!

drp- had em for a year n half without, I think they would look better with some matching

Come on man, im not pissed you asked a question, I figured you have a thick enough skin to be given a little shit...

But like I was saying, id just go out and try different finishes until I got one that matches. Its not like you wont use up black paint of any finish on other projects.

nmysiismyn
05-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Can you post pixs? I would like to see your wheels.

Are they matt black? http://duplicolor.com/success/stories/QjyjVLyZYL

It's hard to suggest something without knowing/seeing exactly what finish you have...

jeenyusss
05-22-2011, 02:49 PM
i can post pics but wheels are not currently on the ep :/

NEO_FOLLOWER2
05-22-2011, 03:29 PM
i can post pics but wheels are not currently on the ep :/

tbh man
just paint it with duplicolor paint and call it a day

as long as it's black i dont think itll be a big deal if its not the same shade of black or same texture
its gonna be hard to perfectly match it unless you go powdercoat the wheels along with the center caps

and like redbaron said...if you're really ocd you can always repaint it over and over again. its just center caps and the paint is relatively cheap