PDA

View Full Version : lowering megan coilovers

DP420
05-19-2011, 04:34 PM
now ive been reading a few threads about how the megans dont go as low in the back...
they have the perches (3 to be exact, 2 at the top and one at the bottom)
as of right now there on factory setting...
anyone on here have an idea on how i can lower the rear. i just want another half maybe inch lower..
anything or any links would be helpful im trying to do this tonight or tomorrow....
thanks

lucky7
05-20-2011, 05:04 AM
jack up rear of car, then spin the perches down 0.5". remove jack, the end.

DP420
05-20-2011, 08:40 AM
What perch? There's three 2 at the top one at the bottom? Thanks

27rocks
05-20-2011, 09:54 AM
You can only do it at the bottom. The top two work together to keep the spring tight. You can loosen the top (preload ) just to the point where you can almost twist the spring with your hand. That should make the spring somewhat "softer" i guess you can say and allow the car to sit slightly lower. But make sure the spring doesn't come completely loose. But to lower it you mainly use the bottom perch to twist the whole shock body in the bottom retainer/cup part.

DP420
05-20-2011, 09:58 AM
You can only do it at the bottom. The top two work together to keep the spring tight. You can loosen the top (preload ) just to the point where you can almost twist the spring with your hand. That should make the spring somewhat "softer" i guess you can say and allow the car to sit slightly lower. But make sure the spring doesn't come completely loose. But to lower it you mainly use the bottom perch to twist the whole shock body in the bottom retainer/cup part.
This can be done with the Coilover on right?

27rocks
05-20-2011, 10:00 AM
This can be done with the Coilover on right?

Yes sir!

DP420
05-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Good looking out