PDA

View Full Version : Need advice...goood buy???

kenkel412
05-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post just signed up last night. Im looking at getting my first car and im really trying to get an EP. Ive been looking for awhile and I came across this 2004 ep on craigslist, it seems like a good deal and its bone stock with only 113k miles. But I'de like some honest opinions and good advice as to if this is a good buy or not.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2390213811.html

Thanks alot!

RedSiBaron
05-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Price isn't bad, but my friend picked up an 05 with 70k for $7700...

kenkel412
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
yeahh the only thing is im kinda on a tight budge, i cant really go over 7g. i am only 16 so money is kind of a problem. but do you think this is a fair deal for 7g?

apexracing
05-20-2011, 04:51 PM
well if your on a budget offer him 5500 and haggle from there. better to start low to give more wiggle room. if you have the cash or can bring the cash bring it with you, it speaks louder than words. Is the car worth 7k by looking at it maybe. but look under the car and under the spare tire. check the oil and radiator. check the air filter, and the tread on the tires. take it for a 50 mile drive. 25 one way 25 back. driving all speeds and taking right and left turns. after your satisfied make them your offer, and explain your situation. Remember save room for tax and tittle in your final offer so you dont stretch your budget.

boricua4life
05-20-2011, 05:06 PM
well if your on a budget offer him 5500 and haggle from there. better to start low to give more wiggle room. if you have the cash or can bring the cash bring it with you, it speaks louder than words. Is the car worth 7k by looking at it maybe. but look under the car and under the spare tire. check the oil and radiator. check the air filter, and the tread on the tires. take it for a 50 mile drive. 25 one way 25 back. driving all speeds and taking right and left turns. after your satisfied make them your offer, and explain your situation. Remember save room for tax and tittle in your final offer so you dont stretch your budget.
:yeahthat: good advice here

kenkel412
05-20-2011, 08:33 PM
thanks alot man that really helps. I'll have my uncle with me who is a mechanic so Im hoping he'll notice if theres anything wrong. And apparently the door driver side door is painted (a guy I know buys&sells cars and he noticed it right away) but I cant really tell. The guy I know called the owner and he even admitted that it was painted to cover up scratches.. i dont know but does that sound sketchy to anyone??

TheBerrynator
05-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Just make sure it has been well taken care of, It might just be me, and you really cant tell too well from the pics, but the tread on the tires looks a bit low, and the driver's side seat has a tear in almost the exact same spot as mine. Otherwise it looks good. However, you really cant tell from pictures, like people above have said, take it out on a test drive. As far as price goes, that is about what you would expect. Also, I would see if you could get some maintenance records, I had to replace the struts and tires within 3 months of getting my car, which was far from cheap. The struts were just worn out, it drove fine off the lot, but shortly after getting the car i started to notice them going, the tires... well, that was probably mostly due to road construction combined with the struts going. neither of these problems are an inherient problem with the car, these things do wear out.

That being said, the ep3 is a great little car, and an excellent for a first car (it is my first car as well...) That car LOOKS like it has been taken care of decently well, not babied or anything, but not abused either. I did just make a 1.5k round trip to Florida, and apart from having to replace the tires the day I left, the car drove excellent, and is actually not too bad for a road trip.

I personally think the headlights are disgusting, but that is just preference.

sorry for my rant, just my 2 cents