PDA

View Full Version : quick question on buying things off people

vennivettivecci
05-23-2011, 02:16 AM
this is deff not my first forum but i have a question on the whole b/s/t system on ephatch. usually there is a feedback rank on other forums and on other forums i've been on for example pbnation.com a paintball forum there are a lot of scams and shady business going down. there seems to be no hesitation on people buying things from out of state....if in fact i do get scammed by a member on ephatch what happens? do they get banned? do the mods have special powers to burn their house down? i've read nothing about people scamming anyone on this forum O_O are people on this forum saints? haha

usedep3
05-23-2011, 05:05 AM
all transactions are buyer beware. you have to use your best judgement on all transactions. we no longer have a itrader feedback section or a feedback thread anymore. scamming is universal.

the only rule we have is a post count minimum. you can also be a site sponsor to sell but other than that, the mods will not get involved in the actual transaction unless the fraud is very blatant or there is a violation of the FS rules

talonXracer
05-23-2011, 05:52 AM
I have seen more people use the Itrader to create huge scams, they sell a couple small insignificant items , get an awesome Itrader rank, and then out comes the big item and the buyer gets boned!

I will not buy over the internet unless I know the person, or I have assets near the person who will search them out and break their legs if they screw me over.

ep3jd
05-23-2011, 06:04 AM
I will not but over the internet unless I know the person, or I have assets near the person who will search them out and break their legs if they screw me over.

Yup, theres a lot of people on here I wouldn't buy from. But many I trust. Mostly socal where I do know people that can handle a sour situation for me.

vennivettivecci
05-23-2011, 01:11 PM
yeah luckily im in socal but thanks for the heads up guys.

jri93
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
i feel pretty safe buying things as long as you pay with paypal. if you have a dispute paypal will help make sure you dont get screwed. on a side note, i have bought lots of things on this forum and never been scammed. maybe iv just had good luck

Draw7Seven
05-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure that we're "saints" but I think you'll find a lot of people on this forum with high post counts and long ago join dates. I'm not trying to suggest that being a veteran of a site means that you're inherently honest... but there's kind of a sense of history around here or even family that people develop. Lots of the members on here don't even drive EP's any more and they're still on here every day (or they're even mods). I definitely trust any FS thread on ephatch more than one on any other Honda forum, but I take precautions like paying via paypal.

Buying online is always buyer beware.

I've never been scammed on a forum, where there's really no protection, but I've been scammed on ebay. Goes to show that no online place is 100% safe.

It's hard to do and takes some time, but you can sort of gauge someone's credibility by their post content. Definitely not a sure thing though.

USAF EP3
05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Well I guess I'll make my testimonial. I've spent over $4,000 on this forum since I've joined in Nov of 09 and not once have I had an issue with ANY of the items/products I bought, that includes vendors and members. Some transactions being over a $1000 alone.

I hope I don't get scammed by a fellow ephatcher, but I have very strong faith in this site.

I hope that makes you feel a little bit better about our site.

Guardian
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Between all the crashes on this site and the old feedback system I would have 80+ itrader feedback, buying and selling and have never be burned on this site.

vennivettivecci
05-23-2011, 10:15 PM
paypal is safe but i feel like its just a pain the the ass to deal with all that but thanks for all the responses guys much appreciated