PDA

View Full Version : vtec killer help

ilovemyep3
05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok so im really considering doing the vtec killer set up. my question is can i use some skunk2 stg2 types cams insted of the oem type s cams i look around but everyone seems to be running oem cams the reson i would be using does is because i got them for a really good price. My other question is wich rockers to get new style or old style i know you have to shave some down and others you dont but cant seem to find a stright ans. One other thing the cams i got came with a skunk2 pro series cam gear on the ex cam could i use that or just use the oem one thank you for your help

talonXracer
05-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Go over onto K20a.org and do a little research on those cams, many an engine met it's demise because of those cams. There has been three different variations of these cams with manufacturing and design issues, the latest rendition is the better of those, but still has issues. If you have the latest rendition then doing a VTEC killer with them will require high compression pistons. The idle will need to be rather high and still have a very serious lope to it, weak bottom end power.

RHCP0801
05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
please stay away from skunk2 cams, as talon said my engine blew because of their cams but they were stage 3