PDA

View Full Version : My mudflap blew a hole in my paint!

william
12-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Stupid ass honda factory mudflap. While washing my car i was curious to check behind my mudflaps ( to check if some small rodent hadnt taken up residence or anything like that) All were fine untill i fot around to my drivers side front. I peeled back the mudflap (where it touches the side of the body) And there was a freaking gash (about 1 inch long) in my paint, right where the mud flap touches the paint. The flap wore a slice down to the white primer. I'm so mad, i dont know what to do, i trimmed the flap where it was rubbing and hope it will fix the problem. Its not that noticable, but it just pisses me off, I mean i bought the flaps to SAVE my paint, not to fuck it up. Anyone with simular problems or fix it ideas? Thanks all, i'll try to find a friend with a didgital camera and post some pics.

02blksi
12-26-2002, 08:16 PM
damn that sucks.. I hate it when "you" cant see something but know its there, im really anal when it comes to shit like that it really drives me up a wall. -Good luck fixing it, maybe get it touched up or something you know. --joe

chunky
12-26-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by william
Stupid ass honda factory mudflap. While washing my car i was curious to check behind my mudflaps ( to check if some small rodent hadnt taken up residence or anything like that) All were fine untill i fot around to my drivers side front. I peeled back the mudflap (where it touches the side of the body) And there was a freaking gash (about 1 inch long) in my paint, right where the mud flap touches the paint. The flap wore a slice down to the white primer. I'm so mad, i dont know what to do, i trimmed the flap where it was rubbing and hope it will fix the problem. Its not that noticable, but it just pisses me off, I mean i bought the flaps to SAVE my paint, not to fuck it up. Anyone with simular problems or fix it ideas? Thanks all, i'll try to find a friend with a didgital camera and post some pics.

dude, you should have tightened down the mudflap. that kinda shit only happens when the mudflap is on loose and can vibrate in the wind.

my mudflaps were kinda loose when the car was new, but I tightened that shit up. no worries here.

ChapSchtick
12-27-2002, 01:17 AM
That is just screaming Warranty work! If you take the bad boy down to the dealer that sold it to you and sweet talk your sales person (not the service rep just yet) they might be able to swing you a fix for that.

If you push the right buttons in a nice enough manner you would be surprised what you might get. After all, it is their poor installion of those flaps that caused the paint problem in the first place.

Good luck either way