PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side window gets stuck rolling up

TheBerrynator
05-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Like the title says, the passenger side window of the car gets stuck when I roll it up. It will roll up around 3/4 before getting stuck, it will go the rest of the way with a little help. Is there any way around replacing the window regulator? I would really like to avoid spending the $100+ it will cost me....
The weatherstripping around the window is crimped pretty bad around the top of the window, which is something that will need to be replaced as well. The window does not seem to be leaking. Could this be affecting the window as well?

NEO_FOLLOWER2
05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Like the title says, the passenger side window of the car gets stuck when I roll it up. It will roll up around 3/4 before getting stuck, it will go the rest of the way with a little help. Is there any way around replacing the window regulator? I would really like to avoid spending the $100+ it will cost me....
The weatherstripping around the window is crimped pretty bad around the top of the window, which is something that will need to be replaced as well. The window does not seem to be leaking. Could this be affecting the window as well?

do the weather channels...if after that it still doesnt work then get a new window regulator

theres a diy on here for that its very easy

Jukka
05-25-2011, 07:32 AM
^^ this, but the other option would be use some white lithium spray, spray down the runners and lube em up. Also, take your door panel off and make sure the bolts holding the window to the track havent come loose. If they are loose, the window will come off its mount and will bind as it goes up.

But if that all fails, try replacing the window channels, they are like $65ish from the dealer and are pretty easy to install.

TheBerrynator
05-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Ok cool, I'll have to check the bolts first, hopefully it is this and not the regulator, I'll replace the channel's first to see if that resolves the problem, Thanks.

mitchlikesbikes
05-26-2011, 07:56 PM
if i use the auto up on mine it will sometimes glitch out and roll itself back down like halfway up. it's the weirdest thing hahah

TheBerrynator
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
thats interesting, at least it will roll all the way up without outside help haha..

also, to follow up my last post, I had thought something has sounded "loose" in the door, it just doesn't sound the same when closed as the driver side door. ....although, it probably doesn't help that every time my little brother closes the door, he slams the door like its a 90's American car

EDIT: it looks like it was binding on the channel, i greased it as recommended and the window will roll up, however, there is about a 6 inch strip of the channel that looks like it was attacked by a screwdriver, even with the grease, the window goes up slower over this area than it should, new channels ordered today from the dealer, should be here tomorrow, and installed thurs, (the $5 in savings by ordering them online, and waiting at least a week was not worth it)