PDA

View Full Version : Toe issues! Need solutions!

Andrew
05-23-2011, 10:16 PM
So for awhile now I have been having the nagging alignment issue of my car wondering and the toe is always off when I return to the alignment shop every once and awhile. I used to get my car aligned like every 2-3 months, so I can fix the severity but it always persistently came back. I’d also like to add that I have my car aligned at Firestone due to the lifetime warranty they provide and every time I leave the steering wheel never seems to be straight. Moving on I always have my toe zeroed out because it is my DD. I am lowered about 2.5-3.0 inches on Megan Racing street coilovers w/ the straight arm design. I have learned from over posting that the workmanship of Firestone may be incapable of doing what I need, my tie rod ends are worn out, and/or my front LCA bushings are worn out too. I have yet to completely check out what I need, but will be doing so in the next week. I just need a bit of input on what I should do before replacing anything major such as tie rods, bushings or anything else like RCAs and a steering arm bracket. I also would like to know if what type of replacements is available for aftermarket bushings? Any by Energy Suspension perhaps?
Cliffs:
1) Nagging alignment problem = toe being off
2) Lifetime warranty at Firestone (workmanship is questioned?)
3) Car is DD lowered 2.5-3.0 inches on Megan Racing street coilovers
4) Have come to the conclusion tie rods worn out, front LCA bushings may be worn out, need to add RCAs and/or steering arm bracket
5) What I should do before replacing/upgrading any major suspension parts
6) Which aftermarket bushings are available for the front LCAs

talonXracer
05-24-2011, 05:42 AM
With that much drop you have changed the entire suspensions dynamic forces. Personally I would do everything you listed in #4,

Andrew
05-24-2011, 11:46 AM
With that much drop you have changed the entire suspensions dynamic forces. Personally I would do everything you listed in #4,

i am willing to change out everything, but the steering rack bracket because i feel like the straight arm design of the megan coilovers is perfectly fine. i have considered the bracket because you mentioned it in a previous post i had, but am not 100% on a go with it