PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount upgrade options/input

Andrew
05-23-2011, 10:55 PM
I have been contemplating on upgrading my stock OEM motor mounts with either Energy Suspension inserts, purchase Avid full motor mounts, or fill in stock OEM motor mounts with urethane for a cheaper route over full motor mounts. Does anyone have any input or tips on which route is best to go?
Cliffs:
1) Want to replace stock OEM motor mounts
2) ESSM inserts, Avid full mounts, or urethane filled stock OEM mounts
3) Which is best route to go?

ep-unit
05-24-2011, 12:53 AM
pick up some avid, gonna install mine tomorrow

jeenyusss
05-24-2011, 02:00 AM
I have avid 75a's and love them ( I am turbo'd).

I guess it all depends on your money situation. Avid would be the best performance choice, followed by the inserts or fill in. What are your current mods?

FoReVaPmP
05-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Yeah, kinda need to know your setup..... to give you a better opinion....

but, Inserts would be my first set (cheap and easy install) - just to get a feel of a more "solid" mount....

talonXracer
05-24-2011, 05:33 AM
There is really no choice, unless $$$ dictates it. AVID mounts in the mixed hardness and the front mount filled with WindoWeld.

Andrew
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM

but, Inserts would be my first set (cheap and easy install) - just to get a feel of a more "solid" mount....

my setup is all stock for now, but i'm going to be starting off with motor mounts then kpoo & a race header

There is really no choice, unless $$$ dictates it. AVID mounts in the mixed hardness and the front mount filled with WindoWeld.

so avid mixed mounts and a filled in front mount either with WindowWeld or an ESMM insert is the best set up? because i was thinking of filling the OEM mounts with a mix hardness set up such as: front 80A and rear/pass both 60A

POOPTOOTH
05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Avid FTW.

Innovative still utilizes that goofy 'stock' passenger side mount configuration. Avids design is way better IMO.

Civic5lug
05-25-2011, 07:13 PM

just make sure that guy ^^^^ doesn't install em :mconfused:

Avid FTW.

Innovative still utilizes that goofy 'stock' passenger side mount configuration. Avids design is way better IMO.
pfffffffff watch y0 mouf!
My Innovatives are holding up pretty damn good :mangel::msmooch:

Ba82Ep3
05-25-2011, 07:33 PM
I used Hasports 75A rear mount, and ESMM's in the front... the two side mounts were OEM. Cost less than $175 for the parts, and was one of the best purchases i ever made for my EP. They worked great for my JRSC'd k24!

POOPTOOTH
05-25-2011, 08:21 PM
pfffffffff watch y0 mouf!
My Innovatives are holding up pretty damn good :mangel::msmooch:

Where the hell have YOU been!?!

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 05:33 AM
I went through "3" passenger side mounts from Innovative due to poly failure and the other three Innovative mounts had the inner poly bushing pushed out of the outer shell to the point where the outer shells were contacting the chassis mounts.

Civic5lug
05-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Where the hell have YOU been!?!
:shady:
I'm in y0 closet :mangel:

Work and the kid bro, growing up blows hahaha

I went through "3" passenger side mounts from Innovative due to poly failure and the other three Innovative mounts had the inner poly bushing pushed out of the outer shell to the point where the outer shells were contacting the chassis mounts.
daaaayymmmmmmm
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/slim_jim_macho_man.gif

What hardness were they?

Twisted-X
05-27-2011, 05:21 PM
If you go the Avid route, let them know if you have any trouble with the trans mount. Somebody was asleep at the wheel when they made the one I got.

talonXracer
05-28-2011, 07:24 AM
If you go the Avid route, let them know if you have any trouble with the trans mount. Somebody was asleep at the wheel when they made the one I got.

What was wrong with yours?

I have done several car's with avid mounts and incountered zero issues, was it the correct mount? Got a pic?

Twisted-X
05-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I posted my issues over in the Avid group buy thread. They sent either a bad insert tube or the wrong one for the trans mount. I had to remove 5mm from the insert tube with a bench grinder. Then, after four hours of trying, I couldn't get the bolts that go into the body to line up right. I'd get 2 of them started, and the third hole would be a couple mm's off. So I looked at the stock mount, and (the photo is in the other thread) noticed that one of its bolt holes is "slotted" slightly. So I matched the slotting on the AVID mount and it went on perfectly. For the price I payed even after the group buy, this kind of thing should not have happened.
I e-mailed them my problems and a copy of the picture, and their response had the polite undertone that I didn't know what I was doing and that they'd look into it. I politely told them that this was my 5th go-around with many different types of mounts (rubber, solid billet, urethane).

Combined with the crappy packaging, and forgetting to include %75 of the bolts, I'm not impressed.

j0000stin
05-28-2011, 11:02 AM
even on crsx there have been a lot of members that have had problems with their avids not ligning up correctly

T_Virus
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
LoL...that's clubrsx. My ep3 Avid Motor Mounts fit well.