PDA

View Full Version : Can EP's look good with USDM Front/Rear bumpers?

LeeStrange
05-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Maybe its just because the EDM/JDM bumpers are so rare over here (I always do a triple-take when I see an EP with these bumpers).

What do the Euro-kids think of the USDM bumpers?

Is anyone here from North America and prefer the North American bumpers?

Is it possible for a USDM car to look good with stock bumpers?

Let me hear your throughts! Post pics if you got em!

ace of spades
05-24-2011, 10:35 AM
the only thing I hate about them is the marker lights. I think they look really good with type R replica lips attached...

apexracing
05-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Hate the bumper lights my self but in my opinion the bumpers look good, i'm happy being usdm
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/Apexep3si/Civic%20si/IMG_1233.jpg

ep3jd
05-24-2011, 11:00 AM
The only enticing part about jdm, to me, is being able to run different lips that are legit, and not even offered as replicas here.

And a little brag factor :mangel:

If there was a replica walker lip, I'd shave my markers and run that bitch all day.

usedep3
05-24-2011, 11:02 AM
the full hfp kit looks pretty dope. ctr rep is ok but def not a fan of the mugen rep usdm lip.

Nickle n Dimin
05-24-2011, 11:08 AM
love how i dont have to worry about scaping on the other hand it looks dope and would consider it

27rocks
05-24-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't really care to much. My stock bumpers are all messed up anyways and i kick them from time to time just to make sure they are still on there tight lol. The front is damaged from the previous owner so i dont really care what i hit with it (mainly 1 million rocks and bugs) and the rear is just a park bench apparently for my friends. I Load my bike in and out of my car at least 4 to 5 times a week, so the pedals sometimes hits the bumper and puts a small little scratches in it. If i had jdm bumpers i don't think i would drive my car to the track lol or load my bike in the car anymore. All that money spent just to get it all scratched up seems like a waste.

heyvortek
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
i personaly hate jdm jus bc its so damn expensive and you have to baby it if you care. the usdm can just take a beating and can find one for cheap easy.

G-MaC!
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I think they look like minivans with the USDM bumpers. I am not a fan of the Type-R front lip at all, but the facelift JDM kit or Airwalker lip is so tight.

POOPTOOTH
05-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I think they look good. The only thing I don't car for with the JDM/EDM bumpers are those goofy spots for the license plates, with the two big holes. Now of course a Mugen Rad Duct solves everything there. To me the 'bang' isn't worth the 'buck'.

I recently had my bumper lights color matched VBP, and I think it looks great. They don't seem to stick out as much anymore. When I finally get around to making a members ride, I could show you...

apexracing
05-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I think they look like minivans with the USDM bumpers. I am not a fan of the Type-R front lip at all, but the facelift JDM kit or Airwalker lip is so tight.

i understand the confusion but imo ep3's are way too short and sit way to low to even look like a minivan lol. hate if you will but jdm is money better spent else where.

LeeStrange
05-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Didn't realize there was so much USDM bumper love.

I myself don't mind it, and you definitely have to worry a lot less.

I've had a replica CTR front/rear lip in my parents basement for about a year and a half now, maybe I'll throw those on for "something different".

SkareKrow
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Imho.... I personally prefer usdm. Because If I where to go Jdm... I would feel like a poser. JDM=RHD= Real. Not LHD JDM... I am sorry If I ofended anyone...I got keep it USDM... Just me being real and Honest.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using TapaTalk Version 1.11.6!

Distance
05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Imho.... I personally prefer usdm. Because If I where to go Jdm... I would feel like a poser. JDM=RHD= Real. Not LHD JDM... I am sorry If I ofended anyone...I got keep it USDM... Just me being real and Honest.

Just admit you can't afford it also. Jdm stuff is just a matter of preferences. It doesn't mean your a poser if you rock it. Does that mean everyone else is a poser if they are rocking replica stuff?

MBaG
05-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Just admit you can't afford it also. Jdm stuff is just a matter of preferences. It doesn't mean your a poser if you rock it. Does that mean everyone else is a poser if they are rocking replica stuff?

LOL. If you got money blow, then you got money to blow. If I could, I would just import a type R over here. But I'm content with my usdm ep3.

USAF EP3
05-24-2011, 02:04 PM

You do realize that they made EDM LHD CTR's right? :laugh:

Distance
05-24-2011, 02:04 PM
LOL. If you got money blow, then you got money to blow. If I could, I would just import a type R over here. But I'm content with my usdm ep3.

If that was an option I would of gone with that. Jdm stuff aren't expensive. You can get it for cheap depending on who you go to and how much patience you have. I like the usdm bumper for what it is but it's way to bulky. If I wanted to rock the usdm bumper I'd just go with oem 04-05 sideskirts and mudflaps and that would look great.

i11 b3havior
05-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I love mine now that i have the bumper lights shaved !!!

Garrett
05-24-2011, 02:16 PM
off topic but how much does it cost to get the bumper lights shaved???

USAF EP3
05-24-2011, 02:28 PM
off topic but how much does it cost to get the bumper lights shaved???

Anyone who is a pro with body work can do it. It's a custom job.

My friend who is DIY with auto body repair said you would have to mount a backing where the hole would be and from there fill it up with bondo or any filler you want and sand the excess down until it's flush with the rest of the bumper

Distance
05-24-2011, 02:45 PM
The problem with fillin in the bumper light holes is that after awhile they start cracking from stress and flex of the bumper. Should cost about 100-150 depending on who you are taking it too.

I had a friend suggest plastic weld or something like that.

shanewdude
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I think the USDM bumpers ruin the lines of the car. In fact, I find them offensive (artistically speaking) without the HFP or a replica lip kit on them. They still stick out too much... I hate mine, but I agree that unless you have money to spend forget JDM bumpers.

DRP967
05-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe its just because the EDM/JDM bumpers are so rare over here (I always do a triple-take when I see an EP with these bumpers).

What do the Euro-kids think of the USDM bumpers?

Is anyone here from North America and prefer the North American bumpers?

Is it possible for a USDM car to look good with stock bumpers?

Let me hear your throughts! Post pics if you got em!

USDM bumpers = Fine

JDM/UKDM = Fine

*I could go run either be 100% happy, just need to throw a lip on either one.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/77/94/65949477/photos/Jeremiahs-EP3/n1609206615403191310.jpg
Above is photo of my 2005 EP3 in all its USDM glory + mudguards. Looks fine to me. Personally instead of opting for the JDM bumpers/rebars id rather just throw a body kit on the EP3. You all might not agree with the body kit route but imo the EP3 can get away with it...its unique enough in terms of body shape that it has room to play and be more risque with aesthetics. Im currently on the hunt for a black widow/Combat/etc body kit. Its just a matter of finding one that is good quality/fitment/etc.

apexracing
05-24-2011, 03:49 PM
+ one on its a matter of preference. + one on body kits. id rock the buddy club kit all day every day if i had money to blow plus a respray.

DRP967
05-24-2011, 04:08 PM
+ one on its a matter of preference. + one on body kits. id rock the buddy club kit all day every day if i had money to blow plus a respray.

Buddy Club body kit is my favorite for the EP3/DC5.

http://www.replikit.co.uk/images/kits/honda/ep3bcr.jpg

Jukka
05-24-2011, 04:12 PM
I personaly hate the USDM/CDM bumpers. Like Shane said they ruin the lines of the car and they stick out too much. Personally, I wouldn't have bought my Type-R bumpers if I didnt get such a good deal on em. Plus I love the look of a LHD european CTR.

powdbyrice
05-24-2011, 05:54 PM
HFP. like it better than the ctr kit.

ep3 no 2 made a usdm ep look sick.

POOPTOOTH
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Just admit you can't afford it also.

See, that is one thing I strongly dislike. Just because one doesn't adhere to JDM fanboyism, its because they can't afford it? I, for one, like nice parts, real wheels, etc. That being said, I'm not going to drop over a 1-2G's on something that doesn't really look much different (IMO) than the stockers. Is it because 'I can't afford it?'... No. Its because I'd rather spend my dough elsewhere (house, vaca's, hookers, blow, etc.)

Lets keep in mind, were modding sub $10k cars here. If you can justify putting bumpers on your car that 9 times out of 10 are worth a 1/4 of your cars total value, go ahead. But for me, living in a city environment where I'm going to be paranoid as shit if something gets a little dinged up, the lemon ain't worth the squeeze...

usedep3
05-24-2011, 08:42 PM
HFP. like it better than the ctr kit.

ep3 no 2 made a usdm ep look sick.

agreed

...Its because I'd rather spend my dough elsewhere (.. hookers, blow..)...

cocaine's a hell of a drug

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/forum/attachment.php?attachhash=eaeb5f75c2f42420b56151bc 5db26aad

YESSSSS!

Distance
05-24-2011, 08:50 PM
See, that is one thing I strongly dislike. Just because one doesn't adhere to JDM fanboyism, its because they can't afford it? I, for one, like nice parts, real wheels, etc. That being said, I'm not going to drop over a 1-2G's on something that doesn't really look much different (IMO) than the stockers. Is it because 'I can't afford it?'... No. Its because I'd rather spend my dough elsewhere (house, vaca's, hookers, blow, etc.)

Lets keep in mind, were modding sub $10k cars here. If you can justify putting bumpers on your car that 9 times out of 10 are worth a 1/4 of your cars total value, go ahead. But for me, living in a city environment where I'm going to be paranoid as shit if something gets a little dinged up, the lemon ain't worth the squeeze...

Saying that you are a poser when your trying to replicate its jdm counter part is pretty stupid. like i said before its just a matter of preferences. to some people it may seem like a waste of money but to some people it's worth the hassle.yes i understand that you can use that money on something else but is it worth it to go jdm? thats up to you/everyone else to decide.

its not like im trying to force it down his throat and say "BUY JDM BUMPERS OR YOU AREN'T FREAKING COOL"

i'm just speaking the truth. a lot of people that don't buy the jdm stuff can't afford it due to our decreasing dollar and the shipping rates from japan or any other country is overkill.

i'll even admit it myself. i couldn't afford the jdm stuff new but with some patience i was able to find a full ctr kit for under a grand. side skirt was brand new and front and rear bumper and both lips was used.

does that make me a jdm fanboy?

whatsvtec
05-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I feel as if this could go on forever.
Lets all agree, shit like this is garbage and everything else is preference.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/KeNO1/Picturetc042.jpg

Distance
05-24-2011, 10:09 PM

ill agree with this

/thread.

27rocks
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Wooahhh!! Hold up a sec here!!! That right there is GOLD!! You know why??? Cause i bet when that guy parks up a hill his doors are going to stay open unlike our stock doors that you always have to keep open with your foot or elbows lol.

MBaG
05-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Wooahhh!! Hold up a sec here!!! That right there is GOLD!! You know why??? Cause i bet when that guy parks up a hill his doors are going to stay open unlike our stock doors that you always have to keep open with your foot or elbows lol.

I hate it when my doors think my shin is a door stopper.. like come on bro.. that shit is painful.

johnnydanger
05-25-2011, 12:35 AM
shave your bumpers and add on a usdm lip kit snugly and they look ok... mine:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/whiteEPcivic/aztar.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/whiteEPcivic/IMG_8740.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/whiteEPcivic/roadmeetpic-3.jpg

Symphorced
05-25-2011, 01:19 AM
I wish I had a USDM rear bumper to run the HFP lip. :(

Tortoise
05-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Im happy enough with them for now. I guess when im done with my car to the point that im worried about bumpers ill get a jdm front so i can run an airwalker. Prolly keep a us back with hfp kit thoughhh.

i11 b3havior
05-25-2011, 04:22 AM
the problem with fillin in the bumper light holes is that after awhile they start cracking from stress and flex of the bumper. Should cost about 100-150 depending on who you are taking it too.

I had a friend suggest plastic weld or something like that.

if done correctly with painting the bumper it will cost about $400-$500. You have to take the bumpers off do a plastic backing then cut plastic to fit into the holes, then fill and paint. And if you take it to the right place blend the bumpers !!!

ep3jd
05-25-2011, 05:29 AM

Remember this guy. He said he won mad car shows with it...

ace of spades
05-25-2011, 06:07 AM
I think the HFP lips ruin the lines of the car. but it was said before, personal preference is personal preference.

whatsvtec
05-25-2011, 06:13 AM

Till you smack your head getting in/out of the car :rofl:

Distance
05-25-2011, 09:01 AM
if done correctly with painting the bumper it will cost about $400-$500. You have to take the bumpers off do a plastic backing then cut plastic to fit into the holes, then fill and paint. And if you take it to the right place blend the bumpers !!!

Lol with that price I would never consider it.

apexracing
05-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Till you smack your head getting in/out of the car :rofl:

smack my head already whats your point? lol But seriously why are our doors dumb.

LeeStrange
05-25-2011, 10:12 AM
smack my head already whats your point? lol But seriously why are our doors dumb.

Was wondering this the other day, too.
Cleaning my car out is annoying, can't even count the amount of times the door has banged my shin up.

It seems like the passenger door stays open much easier than the drivers door, anyone else notice this?

nmysiismyn
05-25-2011, 11:17 AM
:tehe: The door not staying open's an issue I've addressed a few times. I'm hoping to have something in the works soon. :mwink:

PERSONAL PREFERENCE.. PERIOD!

My 1st choice: JDM/EDM
My 2nd choice: USDM (only w/ HFP)

I decided to go HFP all around.

Stoked? Yeah.
Regret it? No.

Why I love it:
It's different from the OC crew's. :mwink:
It's more rare.
I won't get a ticket from a power-trippin' cop, looking for any reason (like no bumper lights) to pull me over.
I won't run into any insurance claim issues for running "unsafe" bumpers.
In the case of a USDM-style car accident, I'll still be alive.

Why I don't love it:
The bumper lights. :msad:
It's bulky without the Mugen Wing (which I'm not 110% find of).

My 2¢

nmysiismyn
05-25-2011, 11:19 AM
...It seems like the passenger door stays open much easier than the drivers door, anyone else notice this?

That's because your driver's side it's more used/worn.

PM me if you want a visual of what/why's happening. There's no solution quite yet.

05 hatch
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
That's because your driver's side it's more used/worn.

PM me if you want a visual of what/why's happening. There's no solution quite yet.

I can't believe you haven't figured this out yet! You're slackin! Lol, jk. More trente's for you sir.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ace of spades
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
:tehe: The door not staying open's an issue I've addressed a few times. I'm hoping to have something in the works soon. :mwink:

PERSONAL PREFERENCE.. PERIOD!

My 1st choice: JDM/EDM
My 2nd choice: USDM (only w/ HFP)

I decided to go HFP all around.

Stoked? Yeah.
Regret it? No.

Why I love it:
It's different from the OC crew's. :mwink:
It's more rare.
I won't get a ticket from a power-trippin' cop, looking for any reason (like no bumper lights) to pull me over.
I won't run into any insurance claim issues for running "unsafe" bumpers.
In the case of a USDM-style car accident, I'll still be alive.

Why I don't love it:
The bumper lights. :msad:
It's bulky without the Mugen Wing (which I'm not 110% find of).

My 2¢

cops in your area know what cars are supposed to have bumper lights?

nmysiismyn
05-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I can't believe you haven't figured this out yet! You're slackin! Lol, jk. More trente's for you sir.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Haha! Trenta's with 2 add shots aren't really "doing it" for me anymore. :mrolleyes:

Not really, but yeah... There's a crazy-like anti-JDM town next to me called Norco (aka Housetown USA) full of a gazillion trucks and 2 motorcycle cops who patrol day/night like they're running a rodeo fundraiser... It's nuts! You'd be surprised what they know comes stock on a car, but there's a good chance they'll let you slide if you delete them entirely by bodywork or by going JDM/EDM, but painting them or rocking the non-DOT eBay ones... Done!

spatula
05-26-2011, 06:02 PM

My old Del Sol failed inspection once because I didn't have the bumper REFLECTORS...they weren't even lights. It happens...douches gotta douche.

Civic5lug
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM
an innercooler makes anything look better :msmile:

Ep3crazy
05-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Remember this guy. He said he won mad car shows with it...

Please make this stop... I think jdm is always better i mean thats y we drive imports to have parts nd cars that are not from here. But if u have the money to import parts do i think they both look fine i love the ep.
I rock my usdm cuz no money to blow at this momment. But if i had money forsure id throw on a jdm bumper

JaydmEp3
06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Was wondering this the other day, too.
Cleaning my car out is annoying, can't even count the amount of times the door has banged my shin up.

It seems like the passenger door stays open much easier than the drivers door, anyone else notice this?

feel relieved tht this happensto everyone not jus me =) but other than tht I'd have jdm bumpers if I could afford it. stock jus looks to plain. I hate it.

Tougeep3
06-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Yep, EPs look good with USDM bumpers. There are enough examples in the members rides to prove it.

As for swapping to a JDM set, enjoy arguing with the insurance company and waiting on your replacements when the soccer mom in the Excursion decides to play bumper cars..

NEO_FOLLOWER2
06-13-2011, 04:40 AM
i got usdm front rear bumpers...i think it looks fine

my car is NHBP so i just tinted the bumper markers black, light still goes through so getting a ticket at night isnt a problem
also gotta volvo lip on the front

the only problem with the usdm bumpers are the lights but you can paint match them or if you have a black ep tint them
way cheaper than getting jdm bumpers

i'd never get jdm bumpers unless i had another car to daily drive

ace of spades
06-13-2011, 05:57 AM
My old Del Sol failed inspection once because I didn't have the bumper REFLECTORS...they weren't even lights. It happens...douches gotta douche.
JDM lenses without reflectors? yeah I could see that as an issue. some of the mechanics at my dealership are dicks like that.

this.

talonXracer
06-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Yep, EPs look good with USDM bumpers. There are enough examples in the members rides to prove it.

As for swapping to a JDM set, enjoy arguing with the insurance company and waiting on your replacements when the soccer mom in the Excursion decides to play bumper cars..

Most insurance companies will deny the claim if they find out you had a butchered USDM rebar or a JDM rebar installed and especially if no rebar was installed.

I like the USDM bumpers with the HFP kit better than the typeR stuff

ep3jd
06-13-2011, 06:30 AM
I also really like the hfp kit, but with shaved marker lights. The rear is easy but the front requires filling of the lip also so its more work then I would want to put in. the front marker lights kill it for me

sleepy ep3
06-13-2011, 07:37 AM

I agree with this statement.

spatula
06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
JDM lenses without reflectors? yeah I could see that as an issue. some of the mechanics at my dealership are dicks like that.

this.

Not even that. Just a reflector, it doesn't light up at all. Purely cosmetic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/efsedan/P1010669.jpg

ace of spades
06-13-2011, 08:04 AM
wow wtf

Almost Fast
06-13-2011, 09:58 AM
It's already been said and I agree with, it's a matter of preference. I am completely content with my USDM bumpers Right now I am going with a CTR front and hopefully a radiator duct. It is just something I want. I dont need it. It will not make me hate my car if I dont.

Passenger
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Front bumpers look like crap in my opinion. With the "CTR" (defined LOOSELY) rep lip / HFP it looks better but the jdm bumpers look a lot better in my opinion. The rears never bothered me Ive always liked it.

Passenger
06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I wish I had a USDM rear bumper to run the HFP lip. :(

If you have a rear lip Ill gladly trade :mwink:

Tokin_Buds
06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Type-R bumpers look best to me..

Its just to me I can clearly see our USDM bumpers were an obvious afterthought and the original designer of our cars didnt intend our USDM bumpers to flow with the EPs design, and that really bothers me..

Kind of like our Si's wing how it looks completely goofey without the type-r/mugen etc wing because of the huge angle of our rear windows, it was meant to have that type-r wing to "even-out" the rear.

black04siftw
06-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Type-R bumpers look best to me..

Its just to me I can clearly see our USDM bumpers were an obvious afterthought and the original designer of our cars didnt intend our USDM bumpers to flow with the EPs design, and that really bothers me..

Kind of like our Si's wing how it looks completely goofey without the type-r/mugen etc wing because of the huge angle of our rear windows, it was meant to have that type-r wing to "even-out" the rear.

...agreed, on my first EP, the Mugen wing made the back 'make sense'. It drives me nuts with the stocker on there now on my second car. Can't wait to get that swapped out. IT's funny because when you get the wing it looks so effin' big once you pull it out of the box, but on the car, it flows just fine. :)

ep3jd
06-30-2011, 06:47 AM
The wing changes EVERYTHING. But I think the hfp kit makes the bulky usdm bumpers look better. But 100% the jdm stuff flows better. Depends on car color too. I notice it most on ssm and tw

Ba82Ep3
06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Personally, i like the USDM parts... even though the front and rear do hang out a bit much. Its kinda the same reason i dont like EK's. You look at it from the side and the nose is hella long past the front wheel. The EG hatch is my all time fave in terms of how the body is proportioned with the wheels... the JDM EP is next.

Other than that... i hated the stupid ass corner markers on the bumpers, and the gay ass wing they gave us.

For DD or track use i wouldnt pay for JDM parts, but im not a trailer queen/hard parkin kinda guy either... so i stayed USDM on my EP. No hate on either type of owner cause its all good, and i can appreciate the hard work from all angles. Its just preference i guess...

black04siftw
06-30-2011, 07:55 AM
The wing changes EVERYTHING. But I think the hfp kit makes the bulky usdm bumpers look better. But 100% the jdm stuff flows better. Depends on car color too. I notice it most on ssm and tw

True-- my first was silver and now (obviously) I have NBP and there is definitely a difference.... isn't the HFP stuff also pricey (compared to replica kits and stuff) so either HFP or JDM you are looking to spend more than your wallet-minder body modder? :mbiggrin: