PDA

View Full Version : Rokkor Coilovers?

3Peat
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, just bought my ep completely stock minus a k&n intake and Nuespeed springs:p
I wanted to get suspension before anything, and i was lookin at D2 coilovers, but then found a set called "Rokkor". I've never heard of them, but i went on their website and they sounded all right and pretty legit.. idk.
Has anyone experienced anything with these or heard about them?
Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

ep3jd
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
They're racelands, just check the racelands thread.

jed_averill
05-24-2011, 06:00 PM
They're racelands, just check the racelands thread.

How about the Ground Controls?

3Peat
05-24-2011, 06:23 PM
How about the Ground Controls?

I've heard good stories about them.

Tnhatch03
05-24-2011, 06:24 PM
you won't regret D2s...

i want coilovers.... maybe one day!!

ep3jd
05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
D2s are where I'm headed after these racelands.

jed_averill
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
D2s are where I'm headed after these racelands.

Ground Controls not one of your choices?

alex026
05-24-2011, 09:00 PM
I've had ground controls, best bang for you buck. awesome ride, no complaints, only negative is you can't go low on them. I have rokkors right now, Same shit as racelands, if you want to be low and dont want ride comfort get them, mine are bouncy as shit and are starting to clunk in the front, I've driven on them probably around 6000km so far, Just got my set of d2s in today, they look awesome, cant wait to get them installed.

PatrickJamesYu
05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
I've had ground controls, best bang for you buck. awesome ride, no complaints, only negative is you can't go low on them. I have rokkors right now, Same shit as racelands, if you want to be low and dont want ride comfort get them, mine are bouncy as shit and are starting to clunk in the front, I've driven on them probably around 6000km so far, Just got my set of d2s in today, they look awesome, cant wait to get them installed.

Dude wasn't the lowest ep on ground controls back in the day?
Anyways, I agree the ride on the Ground Controls are great.
I love them, but I can have my car resting on my mid pipe and still go lower.
My car is pretty low as-is and I have the rears all the way up, and the Front's are still only half.
I say GC's go lowww

jed_averill
05-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Yah I remembered you had those. IDK which one should I get this summer, Racelands or GC.

PatrickJamesYu
05-25-2011, 12:33 AM
I say GC
They are upgradable as you go

You can get new shocks (koni's) in the future
Good customer service, custom spring rates/specs

ep3jd
05-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Ground Controls not one of your choices?

No, I want a complete coilover. This way the dampening and spring rates go together.

I remember looking into gc when I first got the car but I don't know much about them.

alex026
05-25-2011, 09:49 AM
yeah I had the GC's on koni Yellows but honestly I couldnt go low in the front I had to grind off that metal shield to lower it like half an inch more and it did nothing lol but yeah they were awesome, I'd say d2's good price and look very very legit.

RHDmeatwagon
05-25-2011, 10:16 AM
GC's are nice and all, But not everyone is into a sleeve coil over. I have had D2's for over a year now and I am very pleased with them.

GCs and Koni Yellows are a nice combo Ive drivn cars with it before but I'd rather go full coilover. By the time you buy the konis and GCs youll be around the same costs as D2's

ep3jd
05-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I installed D2s on my friend DC5S a while ago and instantly fell in love with then. He was on stock wheels, but the comfort to handling ratio was tits. And they go lowwww

Zzyzx
05-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Intended use?

Zzyzx
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
GC's are nice and all, But not everyone is into a sleeve coil over. I have had D2's for over a year now and I am very pleased with them.

GCs and Koni Yellows are a nice combo Ive drivn cars with it before but I'd rather go full coilover. By the time you buy the konis and GCs youll be around the same costs as D2's

Except with the Konis you actually have a good damper underneath you.

ep3jd
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Street use and the occasional bat of spirited driving :msmile:

Zzyzx
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Well then just about any pre-built setup will probably fit your needs.

If you were setting your car up for competition I'd say avoid 99.9% of the prebuilts out there, but your not so... go nuts.