PDA

View Full Version : brake light bulb

AKAahlecks
05-25-2011, 04:51 PM
so i have an '02 and ive gone through like.. 5 brake light bulbs already. i have no clue whats going on, they just keep burning out. am i getting the wrong bulb or something?

Rasy
05-26-2011, 09:08 AM
so i have an '02 and ive gone through like.. 5 brake light bulbs already. i have no clue whats going on, they just keep burning out. am i getting the wrong bulb or something?

Simple question: Have you made sure the brake bulb # is 7528? Those are the ones we use, and have you checked your fuses? Check for water/wire damage?

Twisted-X
05-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Also check the plug where the bulb goes for corrosion, as this will raise the resistance of the wiring.

AKAahlecks
05-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Simple question: Have you made sure the brake bulb # is 7528? Those are the ones we use, and have you checked your fuses? Check for water/wire damage?

no i dindt check what number it was, but it fit and worked for awhile (about 2-3 weeks before it burns out). and i havent checked my fuses, what do i check for? and im pretty sure my wires arent damaged as everything works, but ill look into that as well
thanks!

Also check the plug where the bulb goes for corrosion, as this will raise the resistance of the wiring.

ill check for that too, thanks

oh and on a side note. the bulb still lights up when you turn on your lights and everything. its just that when i brake, the filament for the brake lights are blown out. and it would happen every so often with each my left and right side.