PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, but not to Hondas

RETROCRX
05-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi folks,

Just a quick intro.

I'm Rob, I'm from Ontario Canada. I've had my EP3 for about 10 months and I'm a Hondaholic.

EP3 is my daily driver and as my username says, I also have a CRX track whore.

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/259793-2/DSCN4138.JPG

And yes.....I like blue.

Look forward to enjoying my EP3 with you.

Cheers

Rob

willy_akino
05-25-2011, 09:31 PM
what kind of wheels do u have on your ep3? 06 civic, and i love your 1st gen crx specially in that blue color

rd02SiR
05-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Yes another Canadian!!!

Yeah I believe theyre 06+ civic rims.

Where in Ontario do you live?

eccramer
05-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Very very nice cars! I'm LOVING the CRX, just super clean. I'm really getting the itch to get one of those or a Miata as a project car. If only I had the money lol.

BTW, I'm not usually one to nit pick, but this thread should really go in the Member's Introductions or Member's Rides section, mods are probably gonna move it.

McLovin
05-25-2011, 10:18 PM
nice cars rob.

ImportCustomx
05-26-2011, 06:09 AM
hey man, beautiful car. Were you on CRX Community? i used to have 2 crxs

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4615956895_8af0e35a52_z.jpg
All skunk2 parts... pro-c's, upper,lower strut bars, lca's, upper control arms, shift knob, short shifter, rear camber, rad cap, oil cap...etc..everything skunk2
i had edm adjustable headlights, i custom fabbed some ep3 seats into. funnest car. i miss this crx. used to be an auto..i turned it into a 5speed. z6 swap with a 91 si trans.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3632/3594557691_a285e2cc44_z.jpg
this was my first one..same skunk2 parts...i transfered them over to the blue one.

RETROCRX
05-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys.

They are 06+ wheels.

I'm in the Toronto Area.

Didn't notice the new members forum...sorry....feel free to move this if needs be.

I'm on CRXcommunity too, but don't post often, mostly on redpepperracing for the CRX stuff.....

Thanks for the warm welcome....

Rob

RedSiBaron
05-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Welcome!! I thought that username looked familiar!! I think that makes 5 of us redpepper guys over here on ephatch!!

You'll love ephatch, its a little younger than the redpepper crowd, but between rpr and ephatch I've never found better, more helpful, more friendly forums out there.

Question, since I can't remember off the top of my head, are you rocking the medieval pro tein suspension on the 1g? And did you get in on my father (buford) and I's group buy on the race hubs?

Also moved the thread to member intro/site questions section.

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Welcome to EPhatch, nice collection of blue!

RETROCRX
05-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Welcome!! I thought that username looked familiar!! I think that makes 5 of us redpepper guys over here on ephatch!!

Question, since I can't remember off the top of my head, are you rocking the medieval pro tein suspension on the 1g? And did you get in on my father (buford) and I's group buy on the race hubs?

Cool Has Tom (rpr) surfaced on here yet? He's a recent addition to the EP3 club too.

Yes I have the MP dampers on the CRX.

No didn't get in on the hub buy, my car has Integra hubs so the spline count is different than what your dad had made. Would have liked to but wasn't up for the added expense of new axles.

Are you the Automotive Designer from RPR?? If so did you get yourself a job yet?

Rob

RedSiBaron
05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Cool Has Tom (rpr) surfaced on here yet? He's a recent addition to the EP3 club too.

Yes I have the MP dampers on the CRX.

No didn't get in on the hub buy, my car has Integra hubs so the spline count is different than what your dad had made. Would have liked to but wasn't up for the added expense of new axles.

Are you the Automotive Designer from RPR?? If so did you get yourself a job yet?

Rob

SO THATS WHY TOM IS SELLING OFF HIS 3G STUFF!!! I don't think i've seen tom around these parts yet. maybe ill have to pop on over and bug him about it haha

Im sure you're loving the MP kit. I have two boxes sitting in the garage, one set for the race car and one for the 3g (when i finally find a perfect cali/nevada/arizona car) dying to try them. Still havnt decided how big torsion bars to run on the front yet, thinking 27s... :shrug:

AHH YA, you were the trouble maker on the group buy with you integra hubs :mwink: haha...see if you said "added cost of axles" on like an ep, i say you were cheap, haha, but as for these old things, even the simplest parts are an expensive endeavor...thats why i keep buying parts cars to strip.

YES i am the automotive designer, but jobs are non existent unless i want to sell my soul to government motors, i WILL NOT work for chrysler. Ive decided though, i dont care for the mainstream product/car design world (for now) and i am going into the prototyping and design world. PLUS this area of ohio is HUGE on prototyping, which is great. SHOULD have an interview some time next week when the owner of the company finally gets un-busy and out of the shop so he can call me to set up the interview. I was speaking with one of my best friends who works for a design firm in cincinnati, and he said they just did something like 200k in business with a local prototyping company to mock up 24 samples of a product they are doing for a company so they can do a full point of purchase display mockup for the customer...YA i think this is the right business to be in.

RETROCRX
05-27-2011, 04:05 AM
AHH YA, you were the trouble maker on the group buy with you integra hubs :mwink: haha...see if you said "added cost of axles" on like an ep, i say you were cheap, haha, but as for these old things, even the simplest parts are an expensive endeavor...thats why i keep buying parts cars to strip.

I didn't cause any trouble.......

As for cost and being cheap......one day when you have a family and a Mortgage......and more importantly a wife that wants to spend the money on boring stuff like the house/garden and doesn't understand your car obsession......then you'll get it!

:D

Rob

RedSiBaron
05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I didn't cause any trouble.......

As for cost and being cheap......one day when you have a family and a Mortgage......and more importantly a wife that wants to spend the money on boring stuff like the house/garden and doesn't understand your car obsession......then you'll get it!

:D

Rob

Haha no I get it, but what I was pointing out is old 84-87s are getting outrageous to find anything for. :mwink: