PDA

View Full Version : Help plz =(

ep3x808x
05-25-2011, 09:57 PM
soo i did an alignment check ...but still my steering wheel is way off! ...but wheels are straight how can fix that? can i just take out the steering wheel n adjust it? n btw they told me i should buy new axles ..what site can i pick some up ? plz n thank u..

j0000stin
05-26-2011, 12:40 AM
buy new axles? are you making crazy power and snapped em? hahaha

you probably just ripped a boot. if your alignment is still hella off take it back to them it should be under a 30 day warranty.

plus, if they aligned it and it was straight for a while and after you hit a bump the wheel went out of alignment, you could have a blown tie rod.

ep3x808x
05-26-2011, 06:09 AM
haha nooo lol they said ..just take the steering wheel apart and adjust it to make it staright n it wont cause the alignment to change...n idk about the axles ..imma look at it this week ..but thank u ...btw u noe where what site to buy axles frm?

buy new axles? are you making crazy power and snapped em? hahaha

you probably just ripped a boot. if your alignment is still hella off take it back to them it should be under a 30 day warranty.

plus, if they aligned it and it was straight for a while and after you hit a bump the wheel went out of alignment, you could have a blown tie rod.

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Find another alignment shop....

You should NEVER adjust the steering wheel centering at the steering wheel. The proper way to center the wheel is to lock the steering wheel at center position and then adjust the tierods to bring the alighnment into specs. If this can not be done, then there is incorrect suspension/chassis setup or damage to the chassis/suspension that needs to be corrected first.

27rocks
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Find another alignment shop....

You should NEVER adjust the steering wheel centering at the steering wheel. The proper way to center the wheel is to lock the steering wheel at center position and then adjust the tierods to bring the alighnment into specs. If this can not be done, then there is incorrect suspension/chassis setup or damage to the chassis/suspension that needs to be corrected first.

^^^ This guy speaks the truth!!!

There is no way you should have to take the wheel of to straighten it! The guys you took it to are a bunch of morons if they think that is the way to fix it. And if they are dumb enough to think that i believe they should have done it since you are paying them to align your car. That's like taking your wheels to get new tires put on but you would have to balance them yourself by adding the weight at home. I would either go back and demand they fix it correctly or give you your money back. And if you do go back to get it fixed make sure they don't take your steering wheel off but have them straighten it out then lock it and realign the wheels.

ep3x808x
05-27-2011, 01:37 AM
so wat if u wanna put a racing steering wheel on?

charles
05-27-2011, 02:05 AM
its still gonna return to the same center, crooked or not. take it back to that alignment shop and call them dumbasses

Andrew
05-27-2011, 08:59 AM
so wat if u wanna put a racing steering wheel on?

it will still be crooked dude. the point across is that the alignment peeps youre going to are a bunch of douche bags. go back and complain. you may have blown tie rod ends, worn out LCA bushings and may need roll center adjusters to compensate with the steering wheel being crooked after an alignment. I too am in this same boat and have not gotten it fixed, but will be trying to. Let me know how it goes or pm me for me info on what you should do. Lastly how low are you?

ep3x808x
05-27-2011, 08:43 PM
aight aight

omgheyitskenny
05-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Technically if the Rack and Pinyon how ever you spell if that was messed up wouldn't that cause the steering wheel to be not straight?

27rocks
05-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Technically if the Rack and Pinyon how ever you spell if that was messed up wouldn't that cause the steering wheel to be not straight?

No that will only make the steering wheel have play from left to right (feel loose like older cars). Plus i have yet to hear anyone have any sort of issues with their rack and pinion.