PDA

View Full Version : Slammed=exhaust problems,,,help

flush_ep3
05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
does anybody have a slammed ep with an aftermarket exhaust? i have 2 1/2" piping right up againt the bottom of my car, the exhuast is still so much lower then the rest of the undercarriage, i need to lower my car about another inch but my exhuast already sits about 1/2" off the floor now. does anybody have this problem?

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah... What exhaust?

Take it to a shop, they'll make it sit better. That happened with my megan drift shit exhaust. I ruined it. Crushed the whole resonator.

flush_ep3
05-26-2011, 08:49 AM
its just custom 2 1/2" piping, and my exhaust is alreadysmushed against the bottom of the car, the only thing i was thinking od doing is having a shop weld really small piping right there. i dont care for speed, i just like being slammed and making a little noise

27rocks
05-26-2011, 08:56 AM
lol why do you "NEED" to lower your car a little more??

I have a solution but it might take a little fabbing. If you guys want to have the exhaust out of the way but still want flow why dont you just use two Y pipes and weld on two smaller diameter pipe along the bottom? So basically you can weld two 1.25 right next to each other connecting it to the Y pipes. You can also flare out the heat shield out a little if more room is needed. so basically your exhause would look like this from the cat ------<======>----- muffler.

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 08:57 AM
its just custom 2 1/2" piping, and my exhaust is alreadysmushed against the bottom of the car, the only thing i was thinking od doing is having a shop weld really small piping right there. i dont care for speed, i just like being slammed and making a little noise

Get a smaller exhaust. 2.5" is a little big for an na k20a3 anyway.

I think jp sells a 2" mid pipe for our cars. Search a lil and it will come up

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 08:58 AM

I have a solution but it might take a little fabbing. If you guys want to have the exhaust out of the way but still want flow why dont you just use two Y pipes and weld on two smaller diameter pipe along the bottom? So basically you can weld two 1.25 right next to each other connecting it to the Y pipes. You can also flare out the heat shield out a little if more room is needed. so basically your exhause would look like this from the cat ------<======>----- muffler.

That is EXACTLY what I thought of doing a while ago when I destroyed my megan piping.

What would that do for performance though?

27rocks
05-26-2011, 09:00 AM
It would still flow like it would if it had a 2.5in pipe, so i don't see it affecting anything.

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 09:07 AM
I may do that one day

27rocks
05-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Do it!!!! Sh!t if i had the money and some welding equipment i would jump on this and start selling them for the "slammed" guys.

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Do it!!!! Sh!t if i had the money and some welding equipment i would jump on this and start selling them for the "slammed" guys.

My girlfriends brother just got a welder... Too bad theres 2 slammed ep3s on long island. And I'm one of them.

flush_ep3
05-26-2011, 09:38 AM
thanx for the info guys, ill most likely take it to a shop and have them weld 2 little pipes, and the reason i "need" to lower my car a little more is because i finally have my wheels for the summer and theres still some gap, i need it to sit flush over the tires

27rocks
05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
thanx for the info guys, ill most likely take it to a shop and have them weld 2 little pipes, and the reason i "need" to lower my car a little more is because i finally have my wheels for the summer and theres still some gap, i need it to sit flush over the tires

:wacko: what size wheels and tires do you have?? You said you are 1/2in off the ground with your current exhaust and you still have a gap in you fenders?

02TWSI
05-26-2011, 09:51 AM

Someone posted an rsx exhaust from the land of jdm that had dual piping for the midpipe. Now it suddenly makes sense

codyep3
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM

pretty cool concept. I thought about that, kind of the ITR type system.

flush_ep3
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
:wacko: what size wheels and tires do you have?? You said you are 1/2in off the ground with your current exhaust and you still have a gap in you fenders?

16x7.5" up front, 16x9" in the rear, theres not much of a gap but im supper picky and want it to sit flushhhh

flush_ep3
05-26-2011, 06:42 PM
oyea, tires are 195/40 front, and 205/40 rears

ep3colin
05-26-2011, 08:19 PM
i just say fuck it and let it scrape, back when my exhaust was new my friends always said i threw sparks, now its all flattened and perfect =]

heres a quick vid of what she looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1uPWT1BvYE

mitchlikesbikes
05-26-2011, 08:30 PM
i just say fuck it and let it scrape, back when my exhaust was new my friends always said i threw sparks, now its all flattened and perfect =]

heres a quick vid of what she looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1uPWT1BvYE

that thing flattened like a moldy banana haha

j0000stin
05-26-2011, 08:36 PM
you can have them raise it and get raised hangers. while your there you can ask them to make a skid plate

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Mine is even worse then that lol

whatsvtec
05-26-2011, 10:32 PM
oyea, tires are 195/40 front, and 205/40 rears

sofaking small!!!!!

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 11:23 PM
sofaking small!!!!!

I bet it looks dope though haha

whatsvtec
05-26-2011, 11:25 PM
I bet it looks dope though haha

Yeah but if you're gonna go that thin on a side-wall why not roll on 17's so tire diameter is at least close to stock? :confused:

ep3jd
05-26-2011, 11:28 PM
I dunno, I did it lol

Then went to 17s lol

TronG
05-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Same here I had 16s before and now I have 17s.. I tore up my buddyclub spec 3 with the 16s and now I'm scraping my apexi ws2 with the 17s. If you wanna be slammed your gonna scrape regardless. You gotta pay to play bro!

whatsvtec
05-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I dunno, I did it lol

Then went to 17s lol

17's are perfect for the ep3 I think. I wanna get some 17x8 and a small stretch with my 205/45's when I get low. But right now getting paint and suspension done is enough to worry about

USAF EP3
05-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Lol this is why I bought an Ebay exhaust for 150 bucks. I scrape over every speed bump and ditch but what do I care? It's 40 bucks to replace the midpipe from Ebay! :laugh:

ep3jd
05-27-2011, 05:11 AM
The megan exhaust is a stupid piece of shit. The resonator is on the first section on the mid pipe... Why? Why not in the stock location? So now its even lower in the literary section of the car. So fucking stupid

27rocks
05-27-2011, 09:17 AM
The megan exhaust is a stupid piece of shit. The resonator is on the first section on the mid pipe... Why? Why not in the stock location? So now its even lower in the literary section of the car. So fucking stupid

lol because when they developed that exhaust they didn't think about guys like you. No one really does. Being that low is just stupid. Yeah i said what now??!! haha

j0000stin
05-27-2011, 09:58 AM
lol because when they developed that exhaust they didn't think about guys like you. No one really does. Being that low is just stupid. Yeah i said what now??!! haha

well no one asked for your opionion haha

27rocks
05-27-2011, 10:03 AM
well no one asked for your opionion haha

You zip it mister!!

flush_ep3
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM

no reason to be ignorant about it. i made the thread to get info to getting around the exhaust being too low, i dont think anybody cares for your opinion about being low is stupid, everybody has their own style.

27rocks
05-27-2011, 10:11 AM
no reason to be ignorant about it. i made the thread to get info to getting around the exhaust being too low, i dont think anybody cares for your opinion about being low is stupid, everybody has their own style.

I was just joking around fool.. plus "my opinion" was yet the best solution to your question you got :mrolleyes:

flush_ep3
05-27-2011, 10:14 AM
i was just joking around fool.. Plus "my opinion" was yet the best solution to your question you got :mrolleyes:

o...

j0000stin
05-27-2011, 10:17 AM
I was just joking around fool.. plus "my opinion" was yet the best solution to your question you got :mrolleyes:

hahaha he took you seriously haha

ep3jd
05-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Lmao you dick. That exhaust system is stupid. Everyone lowers their car, slammed or not, it just doesn't make sense to cause clearance issues!!! :mmad:

27rocks
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
When it comes down to it it's all Hondas fault lol

flush_ep3
05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
When it comes down to it it's all Hondas fault lol

it really is. theres is absolutly noooo tunnel for the exhaust piping, im most likely going back to stock piping

Ep3crazy
05-29-2011, 11:34 PM
it really is. theres is absolutly noooo tunnel for the exhaust piping, im most likely going back to stock piping

Damn i have a leak because exhaust is to low... My flange after the axle back pulled back nd i have a leak so now i need a damb new gasket nd tighten bolts up again or weld it but yea to low.