PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Speed sensor p0500, vtec not engaging

BajaPantiEP
05-26-2011, 08:55 AM
ok guys so for the longest i thought my i still had the p1258 on my car,,vtec system malfunction,, but it just so happens that when i went to autozone today to get my code read, it read p0500 now my vtec has been engaging for awhile and the car is riding like shit, does the vss spensor have anything to do with vtec not engageing? any information would be helpful, and if u know off the top how much is a vss and where is the vss located thanks

makavelibranded
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Are you sure your vtec is working? Did you replace it from the last time you got the code? thats the only thing between those 2 that would make you run like crap. The VSS will just throw your speedometer off, or shut it off all together.

BajaPantiEP
05-26-2011, 11:22 AM
as you would know its pretty hard to tell if the vtec is or isnt cracking on a a3, but i definitley know that i have lost some power, i read up that if the computer isnt reading your speed it can cause vtec not to crack, not only in k20a3 motors, but from the also b series family, im just trying to shine something light to the theory

makavelibranded
05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
ya but vtec doesint really crack hard on ours at 2300 rpms and we are usually in vtec,.. anything after 2300rpms the car will run like crap if its not working

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
The VSS is required to enter xover in VTEC regardless if it is 2 lobe or 3 lobe vtec.

VTEC never cracks, it engages.....

USAF EP3
05-26-2011, 10:09 PM
The VSS is required to enter xover in VTEC regardless if it is 2 lobe or 3 lobe vtec.

VTEC never cracks, it engages.....

Didn't you know? VTEC JUST CRACKED IN YO. It's the latest and hippest term nowadays with young people for describing VTEC lol.

talonXracer
05-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Didn't you know? VTEC JUST CRACKED IN YO. It's the latest and hippest term nowadays with young people for describing VTEC lol.

And we wonder why our youth have fallen below third world educational standards.......

Deadphishy
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
And we wonder why our youth have fallen below third world educational standards.......

I thought i was because the rest of the world kicks all the dumb people out of school and makes them take up a trade. Only allowing the brightest and the best to go past the 8th grade. Anyway.......

Yes to allow Vtec to "Crack" your VSS must work. If it didn't, how would the car know not to engage Vtec or Cam advance while you were reving the motor at Idle?