PDA

View Full Version : Wow,are you serious Megan?

hothatch
05-26-2011, 06:50 PM
So i finally got all the parts to change my exhaust system so it wasnt so loud.I got a oem axelback and a megan mid pipe.Megan sends me thisa shiny one piece bpipe i go to bolt it onto my megan test pipe ind it dosnt fit right.The flange they welded wrong so you have to twist the midpipe up a little and even hang the forward most rubber gommit differently so only one hanger is on which makes one of the curves on the midpipe stick straight up and not "rattle" but knock underneath my car. So first day it only knocks when i start her up or shift sometimes,then the second day i pull in reverse and the damn thing creaks this ungodly noise and bam my f*ing check engine light comes on,i check it and the damn o2 sensor i had already replaced before is fried.So now i got a creaky knocking exhaust and a bad o2 sensor,THANKS MEGAN!!

beechstreet
05-26-2011, 07:07 PM
the o2 sensor code could be because you're running a test pipe. I had a megan shorty header for 100,000+ miles and it never had any problems.

talonXracer
05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
If you do not want all that noise you will need to go down to a muffler shop and have them reweld the flanges back on and then fix your engine mounts.

02TWSI
05-26-2011, 08:16 PM
this is why its better to buy megan if you're in california, their HQ is no more than 10minutes from my house. I'd be banging on their door if I got something that wasn't right straight from them.

Just take it to a muffler shop, they'll do you up

hothatch
05-27-2011, 04:20 AM
megan should replace the one i got and pay for my o2 sensor.Whenever i get a day off im calling and bitching
and if they dont give me what i want im going to pay you to drive there and knock some heads!
this is why its better to buy megan if you're in california, their HQ is no more than 10minutes from my house. I'd be banging on their door if I got something that wasn't right straight from them.

Just take it to a muffler shop, they'll do you up

Rictorious88
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Yea I bought a shorty header from them like 2 years ago.. When I went to install it i noticed the exhaust flang was like 3.5" and they didn't send me a gasket.. The holes were also all slightly off.. So I took pictures of it on the car and sent them to megan.. They sent me a new one and told me to throw the other away LOL. The new one they sent me did fit perfectly and came with a donut. I would think as long as you send them pictures of the defects they will send you a new one.

T_Virus
05-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Eww megan, I remember her, Busta a quicky and left her stranded. lol...j/k, You get what you pay for.

hothatch
05-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Eww megan, I remember her, Busta a quicky and left her stranded. lol...j/k, You get what you pay for.

I paid near $200 for this midepipe.Thats not cheap for just a midpipe
Any links ofr a better made midpipe for sale?

T_Virus
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
I paid near $200 for this midepipe.Thats not cheap for just a midpipe
Any links ofr a better made midpipe for sale?

I would have gone with a race header and 05-06 DC5 midpipe to your oem axel back.

Megan test pipe and megan midpipe? Megan is a no-no that even their testpipe and midpipe doesn't even have a good fitment when installed together. You'll even make more power with a race header and 05-06 DC5 midpipe to your oem axelback than the megan testpipe and midpipe with your oem axel back. Otherwise, go custom.

ep3jd
05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
You do get what your pay for, regardless of the dollar amount.

You paid for megan racing's "r&d". Basically like asking a toddler to tune your car.