PDA

View Full Version : Electromotive TEC-2

Ep3 ked
05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Hey guys and gals. I plan on geting a engine management system soon I know K-Pro is the shit and this and that, but I cant not have my car for however many days it takes hondata to do it. A buddy of mine has a Electromotive TEC-2 system witch can be used on any 4,6 and 8 cylender engines. I tryed to dig up more info on this system but didnt find much.. he said i can take it for 400. Anyone have any experence with this system? why should I spend the extra 500 on kpro if this system does the samething? Thanks Joe.

dayronvip
05-27-2011, 04:47 PM
dude k-pro i know is a little bit expensive but that will be ur best bet even if u wanna do a swap later on...get kpro thats the shit

heyvortek
05-28-2011, 01:37 AM
its at least a 3 day down time. if u send it next day, they take a day to do the chip install and they send it next day. kpro is plug and play so no wire cutting or anything. i dont know much about electromotive so i cant say much else.

talonXracer
05-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Due to VTEC and VTC conventional engine management units are basically incompatible.

There is absolutely NO "plug and forget" engine management units out there, they all require tuning to work properly, and trying to use a EMU system that is not intended to work with such massive amounts of required overlapping maps, will be very difficult if not impossible to tune, even if you find someone who is willing to try

Ep3 ked
05-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Ight good looks guys looks like im goin kpro

j0000stin
05-28-2011, 11:07 AM
another member saved! haha

talonXracer
05-28-2011, 01:12 PM
a conventional style EMU can work VTEC as long as it has a rpm programable output to trigger the spool valve, but VTC is an entirely different animal and is the source of all the additional WHP and Torque that seperates it from older vtec engines from Honda.

Ep3 ked
05-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Ya that makes sence, I figured this system would do nothing for me. When I was trying to look it up the only info I found was on mazda forums. thanks Doug.