PDA

View Full Version : Why hondata's site still lacks info on our ECU upgrade

cbecker333
12-27-2002, 08:06 AM
Can someone (maybe civic hatch boi) explain why people are getting the flash done, yet the hondata web site still doesn't indicate that the it is available for our car?

myeverlovinsir
12-27-2002, 08:23 AM
2 words -- false advertising. there is/was a thread that ep3guy started, I can't find it anymore!? Had some of the latest input about the progress of the hondata flash. hth

George Knighton
12-27-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333
Can someone (maybe civic hatch boi) explain why people are getting the flash done, yet the hondata web site still doesn't indicate that the it is available for our car?

The information that was posted here was preliminary and developmental, and we were disseminating proprietary information.

cbecker333
12-27-2002, 09:56 AM
Damn.....all I hear is "blah, blah, blah" unless its about where and when I can have my ECU flashed :):):)

Suk02Si
12-27-2002, 10:15 AM
blah blah you can't blah have it flashed blah anywhere blah blah

TrippZ
12-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
blah blah you can't blah have it flashed blah anywhere blah blah

roflmao

IceD out N CALI
12-27-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by George Knighton

The information that was posted here was preliminary and developmental, and we were disseminating proprietary information.

exactly, they're jus starting, dont expect this ecu flash to be released for a while

rick77f
12-27-2002, 06:28 PM
At the moment I am the only person with a Hondata tune. Testing is still being done. I am not allowed to release numbers since nothing is in concrete. The car runs great on it. Please don't ask for prices, availability, or performance numbers. I have nothing to give you. Be patient, it should not be too much longer. I asked EP3guy to delete the 6800+ rpm thread. There was a lot of speculation as to what the tune actually achieves. I also released some figures that I was not supposed to. The video clip was of the tach in my car hitting its new rev limiter. There was no advertising of any sort, I just wanted people to know what was going on. I learned my lesson, and will not post anything regarding the Hondata tune until everything is final.

myeverlovinsir
12-27-2002, 06:40 PM
rick77f, hope you didn't get too much heat for that. but tks for the glimpse. your input is valued. pls clarify if you can: Are you guys planning on releasing a chip which includes std. boltons I/H/E and TB mods? I assume you are stock other than the chip. tks.

Glen

rick77f
12-27-2002, 06:52 PM
I think I am safe in telling you that currently I am stock. The vehicle has been tested with a CAI and works wonderful. The car now needs to be tested with an exhaust and header. Hondata will test all possible combinations of bolt ons to make sure the tune will be adaptable to all the regular bolt on mods. The car should be going out to Borla next week. I can't wait to see the results of just the exhaust. I am waiting until the Comptech Icebox is released in late February (tentative) to buy my own intake and Comptech header, unless they want to donate those items to the effort.

02blksi
12-28-2002, 09:27 AM
is hondata offering you a free ecu flash for your effort in the deveoplment process? are you also getting other parts for free?

DAMNIT WHY OH WHY do i live on the east coast! LOL -Joe Good luck on the dyno,

see if hondata can try out the AEM CAI and the 2.25 crush bent midpipe non resonated to Apexi N1 combo
;) :D

rick77f
12-28-2002, 02:23 PM
Yes I get the Hondata for free. I lend my car to them for testing purposes, so it sees a lot of dyno time (over 40 runs so far) and the occasional hard driving. This is necessary to make sure Hondata produces the highest quality tune possible. I originally was not going to modify my car, but when the Hondata thing came around I decided to keep going.

Next week I will be taking my car to Borla in Oxnard. This is yet another free product in exchange for use of my vehicle as a test mule. Many people approached Borla to make an exhaust for our cars, myself included. As with Hondata in regards to ECUs, I see Borla as the premier manufacturer of aftermarket exhaust systems. I have experience with their products and to me they are wonderful.

This works out good for all of us. Hondata now gets to test the car with a high quality exhaust, Borla can finally sell an exhaust for the Si, and I get more goodies. I have put a lot of my own time into all this. With being activated into the military and still working, I have a pretty tight schedule. I have been using all the vacation at my civilian job in order to take my car around.

Hondata has been wonderful, and even though I have only worked with Borla over the phone, David Borla has been a joy as well. If only I can get Comptech to donate an Icebox and header to the effort, the car would be complete. Happy New Year everyone!

02blksi
12-28-2002, 02:28 PM
I truely hate you! LOL JK!

Glad things are working out with you.. Its kinda neat knowing that your car was the one to make everything happen for the rest of us isnt it? --It would make me pretty proud. --Joe :)

rick77f
12-28-2002, 02:38 PM
I am proud. If you guys want somebody to make products for our cars you need to be persistant. It took me a long time to get to the right people at Borla, but I'm sure it will be worth the effort. I think the more quality parts available for cars the better. The aftermarket for our cars is picking up. With that and the current low prices on our cars, popularity of Sis will go up. Then prices and resale values will follow. It's like deja vu, the last Si was the same senario.