PDA

View Full Version : Reverse lock out

USAF EP3
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
I just installed my Z3 transmission today and I know these is a way to make the reverse lockout solenoid work by wiring it up to a switch, I've seen members on the forum do this.

The thing is I have a PRB Kpro'd ECU and it have the reverse lock out feature but our harnesses do not have the connector plug for this.

My question is, do you think it would be worthwhile to find out what pins on the ECU are that control the solenoid and run wires from there to the solenoid?

--OR--

Source an 02-04 RSX-S harness from a local junkyard and cannibalize it and install it?

02TWSI
05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Neither, reverse lockout is for noobs.

:]

ImportCustomx
07-19-2011, 06:17 AM
ill get back to you on this..you just have to wire up on the ecu to the switch..Dr Charles told..b7 maybe..i have to look again.

ImportCustomx
07-19-2011, 06:26 AM
what kind of ECU do you have?

RSX-s one?

POOPTOOTH
07-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Seems like alot of work for a pretty useless feature. I've been driving my a2/six-speed EP for a couple years now and have come to the realization that if you go from 5th to reverse, you shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle.

lldiesel386ll
07-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Seems like alot of work for a pretty useless feature. I've been driving my a2/six-speed EP for a couple years now and have come to the realization that if you go from 5th to reverse, you shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle.

what he said. you can feel more resistance moving to reverse as opposed to moving to 6th

ImportCustomx
07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
i think everyone shouldnt give this guy shit just becuase he wants to do things the right way. This shouldnt be a tear someone apart becuase you dont like their idea, it should be " hey let me take a look" or maybe offer up helpful info instead of cutting down his idea. Be positive, give him a solution first, then suggest/or ask why he needs it.

no need to tell him he shouldnt operate a motor vehicle becuase he wants a lockout.

tht1guy
07-19-2011, 08:01 AM
^ +1

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PRODIUS
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Agreed!
This Forum is great and doesn't need snide remarks.

Draw7Seven
07-19-2011, 09:25 AM
i think everyone shouldnt give this guy shit just becuase he wants to do things the right way. This shouldnt be a tear someone apart becuase you dont like their idea, it should be " hey let me take a look" or maybe offer up helpful info instead of cutting down his idea. Be positive, give him a solution first, then suggest/or ask why he needs it.

no need to tell him he shouldnt operate a motor vehicle becuase he wants a lockout.

The responses you're referencing seemed to me to just be suggestions that it doesn't have to be worried about, and might not be worth the extra effort. I don't really see any flames here :shrug: