PDA

View Full Version : Omni cmc

gtimportfanatic
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
does anyone else here runs this? .. what do you think of this?

RedSiBaron
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I have no idea, I only clicked on this because I thought, "why is this guy making a thread about a dodge omni clutch master cylinder"

usedep3
05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I have no idea, I only clicked on this because I thought, "why is this guy making a thread about a dodge omni clutch master cylinder"

lol.

OP, have you tried the em2 cmc?

lbk02si
05-31-2011, 09:31 PM
does anyone else here runs this? .. what do you think of this?

From what I understand the omni power cmc is a good part and it is beefier than the stock cmc, it does shorten the clutch pedal travel, but from what I heard it's makes the pedal pretty stiff.

USAF EP3
06-01-2011, 12:20 AM
I just installed mine today.

x2 on the stiffer pedal and shorter travel. It's adjustable so I put my pedal travel about 33% shorter than stock.

Personally, I love stiff pedals. My first car was a '00 Civic Si and it had an upgraded clutch and CMC. I've been used to driving stiff clutches ever since.

In case you're wondering, this CMC is GREAT for aftermarket aggressive clutches like my CM FX400.

talonXracer
06-01-2011, 05:53 AM
In case you're wondering, this CMC is GREAT for aftermarket aggressive clutches like my CM FX400.

Huh? I have a FX400 and the EX CMC in the EP3 and have driven a typeS with the Omni CMC and a FX400 and without a doubt the EX CMC provides a far better clutch feel, the Omni has far less feedback thru the pedal, great for a track car, but a total waste of money and resources on a DD. The Omni was very, very, very hard to modulate engagement properly due to the additional effort amplified by the short stroke.

Track car = yes
DD = NO !!!!

USAF EP3
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Huh? I have a FX400 and the EX CMC in the EP3 and have driven a typeS with the Omni CMC and a FX400 and without a doubt the EX CMC provides a far better clutch feel, the Omni has far less feedback thru the pedal, great for a track car, but a total waste of money and resources on a DD. The Omni was very, very, very hard to modulate engagement properly due to the additional effort amplified by the short stroke.

Track car = yes
DD = NO !!!!

Well, I guess you have a point for DD. I'm currently breaking the clutch in right now so I have no idea how it REALLY feels yet cause I can't rip into it.

As far as DD for me, when I drove it off from my frien'd workshop it was definitely harder but I got used to it within the past day. I just need to learn the catch point again and how much gas pedal to give when getting out of first.

Maybe it's just me but I absolutely LOVE how my clutch feels now, it really reminds me of my old 2000 Si.

Besides, now it makes it harder for other people who want to try and drive it :mbiggrin:

gtimportfanatic
07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
well i picked one up for 60 bucks and the car is my DD.. i dont mind having a stiff clutch.. i used to DD my supra with a stage 2 ACT LOL.. so this isnt so bad.. i have a CC4 and 10lb flywheel.. the car actually feels better with the CC4 than when i had my CM stage 2.. hmm.. dunno why but im used to it now and i love it.. i also love the fact that no one wants to drive my car any more in fear of embarrassment lol

Kerby
07-15-2011, 06:43 AM
I can definitely agree on the stiffness of the OMNI piece.
I drove gtimports for alittle bit. Its something you get use to after alittle bit. It was fun finding the engagement point.

PAPITUYO326
07-15-2011, 09:26 AM
I have one sitting waiting for the day I decide to put in my franken-trans in the egg.