PDA

View Full Version : battery light on

joeschmoe
06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
alternator checked out fine, took it to autozone and advanced. and put a new battery in. and all fuses are fine. and all grounds are grounded. confused as hell right now.

AKEP
06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
mine happened to be the connector(s) under the intake manifold. it FEELS like its in, but its not.

but you haven't said anything about touching anything, check your grounds. what work have you recently done to the car?

check the batter ground cable connects to trans, battery, and under the fuse box.

if those are good, check the passenger side motor mount ground.

make sure those connectors are connected underneath the intake manifold if you were dickin with them.

if you messed with your ecu, double check the pins on the ecu plugs.

theres not much to check really. something is either not turning the alternator on, or your battery is almost dead.

and if you took the alternator OUT to test it, which is the only way i like to test it, make sure those wires that connect to it are TIGHT.

joeschmoe
06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
recently pulled the whole motor and trans recently. then this and speedo stopped working, annd something might be wrong with my throwout bearing... but ill do a once over for everything again once i repull the trans. gotta love just starting getting into cars and everything is a pain haha..

and before i get bashed, i bought the ep3 with a blown motor and was replacing it thats why i pulled the motor out.

AKEP
06-02-2011, 05:39 PM
you know where the speed sensor is, right?

took me forever to figure out it was my charge harness...

joeschmoe
06-02-2011, 07:54 PM
thats the vss thing right? where you fill up the trans fluid? i think i didnt put it in all the way but ill find out lol

AKEP
06-02-2011, 10:43 PM
thats not where you fill the trans.. you fill the trans on the drivers side. the vss is located at the top of the transmission towards the rear of the car. its under where the stock air box should be.

Twisted-X
06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Some people remove the VSS temporarily to fill their trans, I think thats what joeschmoe meant.

AKEP
06-04-2011, 06:40 AM
either way its not a good idea. to each there own i guess.