PDA

View Full Version : help with kpro!

eptwah
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
The car will run and drive but only in limp mode. I can clear security and upload kals. Mil is illuminated. with motor off and key on the "on" position mil illuminates like normal and goes away for 10 seconds, and comes back and stays on. car will not datalog. car runs sluggish. no error codes are shown with obd scanner or in kpro but the mil stays lit up wether the car is on or not. all grounds are correct, spark plugs are correct. kpro is seated. please help with this issue. Im also burning a s*** ton of gas!

Ba82Ep3
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
What color is the LED on the ECU? Red or green?

eptwah
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
What color is the LED on the ECU? Red or green?

it is green. red when uploading like normal

Ba82Ep3
06-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Hm. Kinda sounds like youre having a daughter board error or bad socketing... but the LED's say otherwise...

eptwah
06-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Hm. Kinda sounds like youre having a daughter board error or bad socketing... but the LED's say otherwise...

should i try removing kpro and reseating it?

Ba82Ep3
06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Would i try it? Yes. Thats up to you and if youre comfortable doing that though. I would at least look to see if the board looks ok, with no burning or desoldered joints. Your USB cable isnt shorting out on the ECU case by chance is it? I opened the USB port some more on my ECU case to be sure that didnt happen. Just tossin out ideas...

eptwah
06-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Would i try it? Yes. Thats up to you and if youre comfortable doing that though. I would at least look to see if the board looks ok, with no burning or desoldered joints. Your USB cable isnt shorting out on the ECU case by chance is it? I opened the USB port some more on my ECU case to be sure that didnt happen. Just tossin out ideas...i cant see any burn marks on it at all and i prolly stared at it for 3 hours hahahaha. My kpro has the sticker they put over the usb port but im not sure how much that helps. i might try reseating it. its just 3 connectors holding the kpro in right? the other is just to balance it?

AKEP
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
check the pins on the ECU. whats your set up?

eptwah
06-07-2011, 01:30 AM
check the pins on the ECU. whats your set up?

i checked the pins and all looks good. its crazy bc the car was running fine for a whole month. i jack the car up to tighten my sway bar and after i pulled it out the garage the light popped on. my setup is

k24a1
i/rh/e
kpro

AKEP
06-07-2011, 03:48 AM
what does your A/F look like?

check all your sensors...

eptwah
06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
what does your A/F look like?

check all your sensors...
I cant check a/f bc it wont datalog. none of the sensors read at all. and yes i am pressing the lightning bolt :p

j0000stin
06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I cant check a/f bc it wont datalog. none of the sensors read at all. and yes i am pressing the lightning bolt :p

make sure the software is installed correctly

AKEP
06-08-2011, 12:20 AM
but you can upload?
yeah double check and make sure you got the latest release of kmanager (they hae a link to the beta in the forums, get that one)

all i can think of is checking the harness to see if its burnt on the header or something.

eptwah
06-08-2011, 02:01 AM
but you can upload?
yeah double check and make sure you got the latest release of kmanager (they hae a link to the beta in the forums, get that one)

all i can think of is checking the harness to see if its burnt on the header or something.

man i sure appreciate the help! I will try downloading it when i get back from vacation. Flying to New York this morning. I checked everything and nothing looks burnt. not even the ecu. im gonna try my ecu in another car when i get back. Ill keep you updated on whats going on. Thanks again!

eptwah
06-08-2011, 02:03 AM
make sure the software is installed correctly
it should be installed correctly bc like i said the ca worked fine for a whole month. and one day it just pooped on me. could it still be the software? I can still upload but nothing good happens :/

Ba82Ep3
06-08-2011, 05:39 AM
You got me there. Fortunately i havent had to troubleshoot too many KPro issues. You might be better off looking on the Hondata forums for some info. If you have checked all of the obvious stuff... then i dunno.

Be careful with the Beta DL. Its still a work in progress, and there is A LOT of new stuff that the non Beta version of KManager doesnt have.

AKEP
06-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Dude. Have u checked your oil?

ImportCustomx
06-09-2011, 08:35 AM
i agree check your basics.

eptwah
06-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Dude. Have u checked your oil?

yup i even changed it.