PDA

View Full Version : JDM DC5R Front LCA who is actually using them?

Lucid Moments
06-07-2011, 03:22 AM
And what did you have to change to run them? Ball Joint? Sway Bar? Anything else? I would like to make these work in my 02 EP and would like to find some FACTS before I start spending a lot of money.

Please only post if you have direct knowledge from trying this yourself

ep-unit
06-07-2011, 04:01 AM
im thinking of getting some too, anyone care to share??

02TWSI
06-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I'd post what I know from the other thread on this, but I don't own them so my knowledge is only half there.

talonXracer
06-07-2011, 01:07 PM
mike, you need to get the lower ball joint inserts from KingMotorSports, along with a ITR sway. The all years of the ITR and the 05+ DC5S have a larger lower ball joint and the ITR LCA's ball joint opening/taper is made for that larger dia ball joint. the insert from KMS takes up that difference.

Lucid Moments
06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
mike, you need to get the lower ball joint inserts from KingMotorSports, along with a ITR sway. The all years of the ITR and the 05+ DC5S have a larger lower ball joint and the ITR LCA's ball joint opening/taper is made for that larger dia ball joint. the insert from KMS takes up that difference.

Doug,

What I'm trying to do is run the PCI caster offset spherical bearings in the JDM LCA, and the hardrace roll center adjusting ball joints. I thought I had ordered the hardrace balljoints for the late model RSX-s, but when I got all the parts here and started looking at them it became obvious that the ball joints I had were too small for the LCA. Did I get the wrong ball joints?

talonXracer
06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Mike, sounds like you got a set for the earlier DC5S and EP3, your easiest, best bet is to call KMS and order a set of the inserts. All they do is act as a shim to allow the smaller ball joint taper to fit. Hell a shim could be made using a old EP3 ball joint as a form by any competant fabricator.

Measure the dia at the very top edge of the taper and let me know what that measurement is. I have a NIB set that states it is for a DC5/RSX, my measurement is .636" dia at the very top of the taper(small end).

I found the optional Honda camber adjusting bolts adequate, you may desire more camber for the track, I am not sure what else you are running for a suspension.

Lucid Moments
06-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Just measured mine and I came up with .635 at the bottom and .711 at the top. I'll attribute the .001 that I am different from you to my error in measurement.

talonXracer
06-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Just measured mine and I came up with .635 at the bottom and .711 at the top. I'll attribute the .001 that I am different from you to my error in measurement.

Nope, I just looked at my calipers and it was not zeroed out and the dial shows .0015", so the error was on my side! LOL

Yeah you will need a shim or insert to use the RCA's.