PDA

View Full Version : ephatch chat?

whatsvtec
06-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I know people make chat threads in regional forums, but what are the possibilities of getting an actual chat section on the homepage?

The reason I ask is because it could easily cut down on off-topic and dead threads with an abundance of irrelevant information.

Just a thought!

mitchlikesbikes
06-08-2011, 09:50 AM
are you saying like an EPhatch chatroom or something similar to facebook chat? either way i think it's a good idea haha

talonXracer
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
well that is what the "off topic" section is for, there even used to be a postwhore thread in there a while back, start up another chat thread!

There is also a greenie chat thread going very strong in their section.

whatsvtec
06-08-2011, 09:56 AM
well that is what the "off topic" section is for, there even used to be a postwhore thread in there a while back, start up another chat thread!

There is also a greenie chat thread going very strong in their section.

This is true, I was just about to start a NE chat thread to make talking to regional members easier. But having some sort of IM system would be neat for quick questions you have. Like when someone might bring up a valid point in a reply to an OP, but your question(not the og poster) in return is off-topic.

talonXracer
06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
If a person has a quick technical question, we also have a thread just for that. and we do indeed have a IM setup, it is called private messaging......

whatsvtec
06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
are you saying like an EPhatch chatroom or something similar to facebook chat? either way i think it's a good idea haha

Something just like this, instant,Quick, that will auto-delete after you close it unlike PM's. Private or group doesn't matter (no reservations here). Right now visitor messages and pm's are the only thing I can think of that would be just as efficient for making that direct contact.

Edit: Pm's work fine, I just suck at trying to keep my inbox cleaned up. It's all just a thought I had, from the generation of instant gratification, lol

ShadowEP3
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
become a greenie and join our chat :msmile:

whatsvtec
06-08-2011, 11:26 AM
become a greenie and join our chat :msmile:

Do I get 2 free license plate covers?!? :mwink: I need some dress-up for the exterior once it's all white and no badges

ace of spades
06-08-2011, 11:26 AM
you could make a new chat thread every day in off topic. because it's off topic...