PDA

View Full Version : EM2/Omni CMC OEM clutch line?

Jukka
06-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm gonna replace my clutch soon (think I got a bad TOB and im still running on my stock clutch after 200K +km and almost a decade), so i figure when i swap out my clutch, ill build up the rest of the system. Anyways, I'm thinkin of swapping in an EM2 CMC or one of the Omni power ones. I have read the Omni is better for tracking than DD, but its still an option. Anyways, I was wondering if the factory clutch line works with both of these CMC. I just bought a Corsport braided clutch line off a member here, and I just wanna make sure it will work with w/e I decide to do.

So in other words, does the OEM clutch line work without issues on either the EM2 or Omni power CMC?

rd02SiR
06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't see why the EM2 wouldn't work with the oem lines.

USAF EP3
06-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Just an FYI, the Omni CMC comes with it's own stainless steel line that replaces half of your hydraulic clutch line up to where your stock rubber one stops.

Jukka
06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
really? sooo i would have to modify/build the other half line?? Pics?

27rocks
06-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Unless you are going to put some hot laps on the track with the car i wouldn't get the Omni one. It's has a shorter piston stroke if i remember correctly so all you really gain is quicker shifts. The EM2 one is perfect for dd and its definitely better then the OEM Ep ones lol. I went through like 3 of those.

Jukka
06-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I dont mind the shorter piston stroke/little travel. My old celica had very very little travel in the pedal. Also, only other car im driving thats stick right now is my gf's parents 2010 imprezza and it only has maybe half an inch of travel in the pedal from completely in to the engagement point.

With the EM2 CMC its just a direct bolt in right?