PDA

View Full Version : Ebrake handle removal ?

krod
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
anyone have a link to a how to to remove the ebrake handle my button is chipped and the chrome ring is starting to chip want to remove them and paint it, the only thing i could find all the pics dont work,thanks guys.

eternal780
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
same here....

MadLorEP3
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I actually need to do this as well LOL

krod
06-13-2011, 03:16 PM
anyone? we are painting some stuff for a guy here in the next day or so and would like to shoot these at the same time.

MadLorEP3
06-13-2011, 03:22 PM
X2

RedSiBaron
06-13-2011, 10:10 PM
sawzaw...seriously, just cut it out, why would you possibly need a handbrake...:mrolleyes:

without looking at my service manual, i would say, remove center console, pull the cover, and pull the button...though, you may need to pull the ebrake assembly, which is probably some mounting bolts, and of course the cables...shouldnt be too bad

SkareKrow
06-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Pretty much what I did was take apart the center console then undid the button there should be one or two bolts holding the ebrake handle but i just yanked it out. I put in a carbon fiber style e brake handle after. But i didnt re use the stock e brake tits some where in the trash lol. Just take it apart and start looking around there. :smile: good luck.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using TapaTalk Version 1.11.6!

Stanz0r
06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
sawzaw...seriously, just cut it out, why would you possibly need a handbrake...:mrolleyes:

without looking at my service manual, i would say, remove center console, pull the cover, and pull the button...though, you may need to pull the ebrake assembly, which is probably some mounting bolts, and of course the cables...shouldnt be too bad

What he said. I recall when I had to adjust mine I took two bolts off the bottom of the rear cup holder near the rear floorboard. After that I think it was just clips that came loose. It's been a few years though since I did it.

krod
06-15-2011, 05:57 PM
tried to get the ring and button off today got the rear piece of the console off,couldnt remove the ring or button so i guess it will just be chipped painting stuff tommorrow and cant get it off.